Retcons and Rewrites

• Members

Oh, I totally forgot about that interview! Anyone have it? I'd love to read it again. I remember reading it and seeing that Peter Simon was kind of just there, like he had no idea what the hell he was supposed to say about the storyline, because he knew it was sh*t.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

None of that "deadbeat mother" bullshit occurred on my TV screen, so, it most certainly was a retcon and rewrite that showkiller Guza pulled out of his ass. Same goes for having Adam kill his beloved twin brother, which was the opposite of everything that I've ever seen of his character portrayed on screen (even at his worst).

• Members

You mustn't have been watching the years when Felicia picked up and abandoned her daughters and Maxie getting pissed off at her about it when it occurred.

Adam didn't kill Stuart in cold blood. I guess you also missed the episodes where he was drugged up medication that Nurse Grace was slipping him via David. That was a key plot point to the story. There was no retcons there as well

• Members
I don't disagree but I think it is interesting that this is touted as a negative thing. Reilly absolutely had utter disdain for the actors and the fans, but I don't see him as all too dissimilar from Irna Phillips, and yet that attitude is generally touted as a positive thing for her.

• Members

I watched on and off around that period and I still don't - nor will I ever - buy whatever showkiller Guza was trying to sell me - not after Labine actively portrayed her as a devoted mother to her two daughters.

Same goes for whatever half-ass justification they came up with for having Adam kill his own brother - justification that wouldn't have been used if that shitty rewrite hadn't aired in the first place.

• Members

The first few years she was on B&B, no one knew about her crimes. Lauren learned of Sheila's life in LA, but kept quiet first because of Sheila blackmailing her over and affair with Brad (which would have cost her custody of her son with Scott), and then a promise to a dying Scott. Sheila's first therapist died in an ambiguous way. Her second, James Warwick, was kept locked up when she realized he was wooing her to shop her to the cops.

In spring 1995, all the lies finally came out, and she was arrested after holding the Forresters hostage. By the end of the year she'd been released from a mental institution after they decided she'd paid for her mistakes, and after she'd been raped by an inmate.

• Members

I'd say Bill Bell still had some impact on him at that time. And a lot of that wasn't all that well written (especially Scott's mystery illness and sudden death to keep Lauren quiet), but worked because of the momentum already built up.

• Members

Anytime RC gives us fake flashbacks. Remember the inaccurate portrayal of John Jack's death on GH complete with insertion of Jerry into the scene when he was originally nowhere in sight. Rewriting the original Dead Man Hand's story by saying John was murdered by Ewen. What a mess

Archived