Retcons and Rewrites

• Members

Speaking of, would Harley's pregnancy by Rick on GUIDING LIGHT be considered a retcon? Basically, after saying Rick wasn't Jude's bio dad, Claire Labine and her team had to write a "flashback" with Harley remembering she and Rick had done the deed while drunk.

Although, to be perfect and honest, I still think the pizza man was the real father. ;)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hope's pregnancy on Days. The show even had a contest with fans to decide if Stefano or John was the father of her baby. Then, apparently, somehow, she and Bo had sex as revealed in a flashback and he was Zach's father.

• Members

Carl Williams on Y&R

After being fairly prominent ,Paul's father got less and less air time and then was not seen.At first he was referenced but then Mary appeared with no mention of Carl.

Then suddenly it was presented that Carl had mysteriously disappeared years ago,causing the family great angst.Lo and behold,just as Mary was moving on,Carl re-appears with amnesia and a new life.

After months of conflict,Carl stays with his new love and is never mentioned again.

• Members

Though I will say, out of ALL the crap that JER foisted on the show in his second tenure, the aftermath of Zach's death was very well done. If you ignore the goofy mechanics of Chelsea thinking she hit a pothole and then later on, trying to break up Bo/Hope with Patrick.

• Members

Thanks. He was one of my favorite short-term villains.

Yeah that was kind of lame, but making Bo Ciara's father was worse. Hope gave birth to Ciara on New Years Eve in 2006, one year after Zack died. She and Bo never slept with each other during that entire year. She and Patrick did it once on Morgan Island in May 2006.

• Members

My very first thought was Ethan Spencer. Historically, Ethan fit perfectly to be the son of Robert & Holly. Ethan was an Australian con-artist who carried around a picture of Robert & Luke. And then they made him Luke's son which didn't fit at all. So, Luke cheated on Laura. Holly cheated on Robert. And the bromance of Luke & Robert was thrown under the boss so TG could have NP around. It was a joke and spit all over history. If FV and RC do one thing to fix Guza's messes, I hope they fix this. Make it so Luke & Holly both lied about sleeping together. I don't care how they do it. Just fix it so no one cheated and make Ethan the Scorpio he was originally intended to be.

• Members

I could buy a scenario where Luke and Holly perpetuated the lie in order to protect Ethan from one of Robert's enemies. But it'd be deliciously ironic if Anna learned the truth and had to tell Robert, thus jeopardizing whatever reconciliation they have going on at the moment. ;)

Archived