Retcons and Rewrites

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh OK. Thanks. I didn't realize Gina was trawling to find random men on the street. That's hilarious. I guess fans were so happy to have that baby not be John's or Stefano's that they were going to take anything. And I guess it turned them back so the show could avoid yet another "is this rape" saga like the subsex.

• Members

It just made no sense to me as anything fans would want to see. The show seemed to decide they couldn't get away with John/Hope, after the negative reaction to the test in 1997 when Hope and John were single, so you get the two of them brainwashed on a sub. So not only were fans who never wanted this pairing likely pissed off, other viewers were likely repulsed.

I know a lot of people got a kick out of Gina, but some of that part seems so tasteless.

• Members

For a second there, you could swear they're about to play "Tonight, I Celebrate My Love" again. Too bad they didn't.

It's one thing when TPTB hate you so much that they keep killing off your character, but when they turn your character into a brainwashed mime?

• Members

I think the Gina story was a point where the soap press and Reckell even openly talked about whether the show had some axe to grind with him. I can't remember though. Considering that he finally left this last time I'm surprised he stayed during that period.

Archived