Retcons and Rewrites

• Members

If she did all that, then that is ridiculous! I'm just speaking from what I remember so like I said, I could be wrong. But seriously, if she did all that, that just makes a mockery of the whole thing. A whole gang of muthafukkas sitting up here knowing this girl is getting raped, and nobody is doing a damn thing about it? Maybe I'm the one who blocked this out, because just the fact that, at the end of Erica Kane's story, it's canonized that three adults allowed and/or participated in raping this young girl... ugh! This makes me sad.

Exactly! Exactly! I'm sure if AMC continued on, we'd find out that Mona, being a struggling single mother, sold tickets to the event as well! <_<

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IIRC, Vanessa hated Erica from the moment she showed up in Pine Valley, and she did everything she could to undermine her. We didn't really get an explanation for WHY she hated Erica until the whole bit with Trey being Richard Fields' son came out (which was STUPID because Trey supposedly sounded like Richard Fields to the point that Greenlee and Leo had a Richard Fields movie on and mistook his voice for Trey's, and yet Richard Fields as we saw him in the early 90s CLEARLY had a British accent and Trey did not). Supposedly the whole reason Vanessa hated Erica was because Richard Fields preferred her to Vanessa, and she was left alone and pregnant.

The rumor I heard back in the day was that the storyline was intended to be that Leo's real father was Eric Kane, making him Erica's half brother, but Eric rejected Vanessa for some reason, and she blamed Erica for it. That twist was supposedly dropped because Josh Duhamel wasn't going to stay on the show, so they went with Trey/Richard Fields instead. IDK how true that rumor is, but it would have been a hell of a lot less creepy than Vanessa witnessing what was frankly a horrifically brutal rape (the courtroom scenes during the Dimitri stabbing trial are on YT, and during her testimony she sobs about bruises all over her body and teethmarks, some of which were bleeding) and doing nothing about it.

• Members

It was funny when Richard Fields would call Kendall "poppet".

Yes, he was British. The whole "Trey sounding exactly like him" was indeed a lazy rewrite.

BTW, I love when Kendall wheels him into Erica's press conference (I always remembered it as a courtroom, but it was a press conference).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSC48mOPd6M&list=UUdf7aunw8ho5-RD7DdhSPDA&index=7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecM7c3ZIMII&list=UUdf7aunw8ho5-RD7DdhSPDA&index=6

• Members

While JJ's Lucky hardly came off any better than my Greg's Lucky ever was permitted to, JJ's Lucky was allowed to stand up for himself (that disgusting "bleeding in the snow" speech) and was permitted to look the serial killing Borg in the eye rather than genuflect and look generally stupid the way myLucky had to.

Hell, even if Luke did his worst to Lucky in the last couple of years (and I completely concede that point, Luke KILLED the boy Lucky raised and didn't show a SHRED of remorse over it!), at least there was SOMETHING there when Luke looked at or spoke to JJ's Lucky. There was NOTHING there when it was GV.

I loved JJ's Lucky growing up. I grew up with the dude and he was so cool, so smart, so hip... I just wished I knew kids like him. He was my idol, though I really related more to the GL kids (Bill, Michelle, and Ben) at the time. But as I became an adult, I found the growing process that GV's Lucky went through so much more believable than what ended up happening to any of those other kids that I really started relating to him and rooting for him, even though we clearly were supposed to see him as a boob and a dunce and a screw-up.

I just really want to know what TG and Guza had against Greg Vaughan because even though Vaughan clearly was not the actor JJ ever was, they could have done so much worse. He's kicking ass as Eric Brady on DAYS right now and it's good to see him in a role where the writers don't have it in for him.

• Members

TG has every right to want his legacy on GH to be more than L&L (though it won't ever happen), as does GF. I don't even mind the fact that L&L have broken up and gotten back together more than once. What I DO mind is him actively shitting on the very pairing that made him a household (as in popular enough for folks who've never watched a single day of this show to know who he is - a privilege that I've seen bestowed to a scant few soap characters in their history of existence) name and actively seeking to destroy it along with showkiller Guza. Not only does it reek of ingratitude, it is just plain disrespectful to the millions watched this show prior to it becoming a bootleg version of the Sopranos.

As for GF, while I know that she's been actively trying to establish herself as an actress that can do more than just be Laura (though, IMO, it's time that she hang that up and come back home to GH), I've never once heard her trash the legacy of her character/pairing with Luke Spencer. She may have criticized showkiller Guza for turning her character into a perpetual victim (especially since that wasn't what her fans know her as in the first place) and the message behind putting L&L together (that rape = destined couple), but I've never once heard of her disrespecting her fans/GH historians to the lengths that TG and this show have done for over a decade.

Archived