Should soaps do away with end-of-episode previews?

• Members

Do you think soaps should scrap the previews at the end of episodes? I think B&B is the only one that still doesn't have them (they put theirs on the official website instead). I think previews kill the mood after a powerful cliffhanger and waste 20 seconds or so that could be used to expand the episode.

Thoughts?

• Members

To be honest, I never missed them when AMC got rid of them. It didn't really make a difference to me.

Usually I'm not even paying attention when they flash by. When everyone was so excited that the GH ones were back I could care less though sometimes I catch certain oens and see that tomorrow is gonna eb some crap I don't wanna tune in for.

ITA to the ones who said show the previously on [insert Soap name] instead. And for certain soaps maybe that would give them reason to stop recapping through dialogue instead.

• Members

It really doesn't matter. There are only 2 soaps doing them anyway.

Do you think soaps should scrap the previews at the end of episodes? I think B&B is the only one that still doesn't have them (they put theirs on the official website instead).

DAYS doesn't do them anymore.

• Members

It was nice to know whether or not I needed to bother watching most of the next day's episode but it's not like I couldn't make that decision after the first five minutes of an episode. I agree that "previouslies" are probably more valuable. I like them on primetime shows.

• 10 months later...
  • Members

I hate next day previews. They ruin the cliffhanger for me, mostly on GH.

GH's preview sometimes spoils the cliffhanger. Like if you think a secret is going to be revealed or a character may or may not pop up, and 2 seconds after the cliffhanger ending you find out in the next day's preview.

Archived