Y&R July Discussion

• Members

I would think that whoever wrote the script or breakdown would be the one making the decision about scene order? Not sure.

And how stupid is Nick? Phyllis begs for him to get Summer out when she knows she is about to get arrested and they just stand there staring. GET HER OUT!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So Sharon tries to screw Nick 5 seconds after she found out he left Sybil, and now buys a plane ticket to stop Adam's wedding.

This is supposed to be great writing...how? Please, make me understand. I NEED to understand who is thinking up and writing this garbage.

Please!

• Members

I miss Pretty Porte tongue.png

x610.jpg

I'm going to be in L.A. in August when he does his Boogie Nights in For The Record live...and I will move heaven and earth to make sure I won't miss it laugh.png

Also, Sharon is so pathetic...why does any man want that doorknob. While I enjoy bitchy Sharon, her flip flopping between brothers and father is disgusting.

• Members

The Phyllis propping is out in full force today. Literally everyone was about to cry crocodile tears that this woman may be going to prison and burst into laments and throw themselves in the streets at the unfairness of it all. rolleyes.gif Never mind the fact that she tried to mow down and kill people, it's evil Christine's fault for holding a grudge and wanting justice. Are you kidding me? blink.png I mean they brought up the big guns to try to make us feel sorry for her between Roman's speech, Phyllis' super mom speech towards Daniel, her coddling Lucy along with testimonials about the great Phyllis from both Ronan and Avery, I mean damn this show is bending over backwards trying to sell this story as Phyllis being in the right here. While evil Christine is the black witch who is trying to get lovely Phyllis to eat the poison apple.

Except that Sharon was never like this, and was never this desperate over any Newman. In fact she was the one who was usually walking away and had the Newman men begging her to come back. This is just ridiculous how badly they have screwed Sharon over the last three years. MAB must really hate blondes. Abby's borderline retarded, Sharon is pathetic, you never see MTS unless it's to get into fights and lose with the Mustache, Avery exists solely to prop St. Phyllis and Christine is the wicked witch of the west who is so horrible for trying to put away people who committed crimes.

• Members

THIS!

We're supposed to feel sorry for a psychopath who ran down both Christine and Paul with intent to kill. I don't care whether that mess occurred 20 years ago or today -- you do the crime, you do the time. There are no extenuating circumstances except that Phyllis is now married again with children, but having kids and being a "super" parent doesn't get other criminals off.

LMAO at Ronan saying she didn't even do the crime. This is why Detective Save-a-Ho has never stuck with the viewers. He's willing to keep his BFF Paul in jail for a crime he didn't commit and yet goes all out to save his ex-[!@#$%^&*] buddy.

Avery, I can sort of understand. She got majorly burned when she took her father's side against Phyllis and has tried to forge a relationship her sister ever since. Even though Phyllis plays the Offended Martyr everytime they meet.

What I don't get is that fool NuNuHeather siding with the ho who published scurrilous lies about her in Restless Style (lies which got her fired from the ADA job and hounded out of town). Way to throw a new recast under the bus, Y&R.

IA with this. EXCEPT that I like that Sharon -- who has suffered and been dumped on by Nick, Phyllis, Jack, Noah, Nikki and Adam for YEARS now -- looked around at the users, liars, backstabbers and freeloaders who kept her ass in jail (and gloated about it) and has decided "The only way to get ahead is to take what I want, be damned the consequences." Phyllis and Nick have certainly made a life out of that guiding mantra. So she's turned to the one man who actually looked out for her for years (except when he let her rot in jail last year). rolleyes.gif Who can give her security and money and a position in society. And she's sticking it to some of the people who cheered at her initial downfall. I wish she'd do this a lot more actually.

If she's toying with Nick and the Adam-Chelsea relationship, well, I wish she would go full b!tch and own it. God knows some of these people deserve payback. What I don't like is that she's presented as sniffly and wanting Adam back. I'd rather she just got vengeful.

MAB doesn't necessarily favor anybody but the the blondes -- it is Phyllis who is favoured over ALL the female characters and any male not called "Newman."

• Members

I think this is something which might have worked a long time ago, but Sharon already has money and security, and Victor can't offer anyone a place in society now - his women are seen as whores and he just seems completely isolated.

I don't think the show has any purpose for any of this beyond wanting viewers to laugh at Sharon the stupid slut.

• Members

I see that. I guess I was hoping the show would go full out with Quietly Vengeful Sharon as an explanation for the years of humiliation they put this character through.

Watching today's US episode and you might not like this, but Sharon reveals her feelings to Adam -- some may see this as a sign of grovelling weakness for the character. I think she was just being honest with Adam and herself. But I fear more humiliation for Shaz is to follow.

BTW, if you guys are hoping for a counter to yesterday's Phyllis-is-Love-fest, you may not want to hold your breath. We have full-on Evil Christine determined to push for jail-time and Ronan/Michael/NuNuHeather telling her what a big, unhinged meanie she is. Meanwhile Phyllis was all "I can't do jail. What about mah CHILLLLLLL-DRIN?"

There was one ray of sunshine:

Phyllis: This is a mistake.

Paul: You know, Phyllis, you have gotten away with so much for so long… Why don’t you just say you did it and get it over with?

Phyllis: I have nothing to say to you.

Paul: Yeah. If anybody deserves their karma to come back and bite them in the ass, it’s you. You did what you did, and I did what I did. Now it’s time we paid for it.

Bitch won't even admit what she's done. Or that she's even sorry about it!

• Members

I guess I'm not sure what vengeance Sharon is getting. No one seems to be bothered by her.

It's mostly just more degradation. Sharon has had this conversation with Adam a million times. She's just not going to get another chance with him, all because the show is desperate to make flat MCE into a star.

• Members

I wish this show would quit trying to make Ronan happen. And Jeff Branson and Stafford have zero chemistry. He.s boring, he hates his mother for no reason, and as a cop a failure.

On a side note Ive been enjoying this story because it is more an umbrella story and we are seeing people like Michael and Paul and even Cricket get material they have not gotten in years and get to be part of an A story. But I never thought it would be Phyllis's downfall. Not with this regime. She's the patron saint of Genoa City.

As for Sharon, the last decent relationship she had was with Jack. Yes they had very little chemistry and she didn't love him but he loved and respected her and actually cared for her son. Since the 3 way WTD with her its been one degradation after another.

Archived