Y&R July Discussion

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And because many are probably near-to done with this show. Which is too bad because the past few weeks have been... not bad. And that is high praise from me considering Y&R's current state.

I think Doug Davidson has been killing it. Having LLB and Tricia Cast back has been to the absolute benefit of the show. Michael is back front-and-center in a legal story that doesn't involve kissing Victor's ring or bailing out Kevin/Gloria/Jeffrey. And Phyllis is finally being made to pay for some of many crimes. Even her friends are not giving her a free pass.

The only thing that worries me is the way TIIC are trying to angle it so we will feel a bit sorrier for Phyllis... cue stirring, sad music as Phyllis tries to emotionally blackmail her husband into staying ("Supergirl. SUPERGIRL!" You'll see in today's episode). I hate they way they are making Christine forget about Paul being in jail because she is trying to make sure that Phyllis faces justice for something she actually did. I will give MS her due because she is not afraid to play Phyllis as completely unlikeable and psychotic -- you get the feeling Phyllis actually believes the lies she is telling everybody. It is only in her scenes with LLB that the true, vicious, psycho Phyllis seems to emerge.

Got to agree with you there. MS obviously works hard for that body, and the dress itself is stunning (Victoria Beckham if I'm not mistaken -- MS has by far the best hair and wardrobe of anybody on the show) but I feel like it is going to burst at the seams if MS exhales.

• Members

On the downside :lol:

-Billy Miller must go. He is absolutely awful. When Amelia "Comatose Crackhead" Heinle outacts you in scenes, you know it is time to call it a day.

-Villy are as vile as their squish name.

-Kevin & Chloe are equally as horrendous and chemistry-free as a couple.

-By comparison, Shictor are not nearly as vile, but they are deeply boring.

-What is the point of Sharon, Nick or Phyllis haveing SORASed children when they are never on the show, there is no story for them and their parents act like ridiculous teenagers anyway?

• Members

I always get the idea that someone at CBS or Sony is saying, "Bring on teens!" and MAB or Sheffer agree, and do so in a half-assed manner they know they will never follow through on.

Chompers has stunk up the show from his first day and there's zero reason for them to keep letting him phone it in and then vanish for much of the year. MAB does not care about this show at all. Just look at all the pointless visits from Ronan, solely because they think getting someone from ABC is a coup.

• Members

What is craziest is that all that you cite -- teens with zero to do, Chompers and Ronan showing up once in a blue moon -- eats up valuable money. By cutting that crap out, TIIC would be able to focus on the stories and characters that DO work.

I know this belongs on another thread but I want to do this here. If I were at Sony, I would CUT

Chompers

Victoria (and bring back Heather Tom as a newly divorced Victoria)

Kevin

Chloe

Anita

SORASed Summer

Chelsea (unless she reverts to her gold-digging, scheming ways)

Eden (she's served her purpose)

Harmony (if they aren't going to do anything with Debbi, they need to set her free. I would rather see Angie on GH)

Kyle (until they actually have story for him)

Fluckers

Ronan

and

Michael Grazadei's hair.

• Members

At this point I'm not sure where I'd stop. I think Victoria needs to go, very badly. I would also cut all of Michael's relatives, and probably everyone in TBS but Devon and Neil. I would phase Lily out over time and bring in a new black ingenue. I think Abby needs to be matured. I would also get rid of Jack - I just can't watch him now, he is so pathetic.

• Members

I'm the opposite, I can't stand EH's frumpy long hair. The bob hairstyle she used to rock suited her face much better imo. This web venture crap Chloe, Kevin, and Adam are doing is lame. Adam did make those two look like fools though which was enjoyable lol.

No shocker, this hit-n-run story is playing out as Christine being the big meanie going after poor victim Phyllis.rolleyes.gif Avery hun, it was fun while it lasted. She's on my 'used to like' list now. I get Avery having her sister's back but to act like Phyllis is wrongfully accused is bullcrap. P-whipped Ronan goes on my 'used to like' list as well. He has handled this ridiculous case against Paul horribly and I have no use for him playing Detective Save-a-Hoe for Phyllis.

• Members

I want to know what dipsh!t is doing the breakdown writing for this show! Big Red gets arrested in public in front of her children for a crime she committed 20 years ago, and they choose SHAR-DUMB making a plane reservation as the day's final scene? REALLY?

Archived