Y&R July Discussion

• Members

I'll only miss Debbi. She was the only one I felt brought a real performance, her and Darnell. I would have liked to see Sarge with Olivia and then Harmony with Neil, maybe, I doubt it, we can get Leslie back for him, if he's even being kept around.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree about Marcy Rylan. I love her on the show and think she fits right in. Rikaart and Hendricksen, OTOH...

And in many ways Darnell clicks better than Debbi on this show. And yes, I am fully aware God is going to strike me down with a thunderbolt for actually writing that. I hold out hope that Angie Hubbard gets a job at General Hospital and becomes BFFs with Anna Devane.

My mind immediately went to those scenes Maura had with the young actor who played Kyle, arguably some of the best she had on this show. There was no denying that Diane loved her son deeply and would do anything for him. In fact, I would argue that some of the "horrendous" things she supposedly did (like marrying Victor's decrepit ass, then suing him for what she hoped would be a hefty divorce settlement when she caught him mewing and growling with Nikki in the stables) were done to assure Kyle's future.

• Members

I just can't get past someone who looks 30-35 playing Abby. The Newman siblings were born almost 20 years apart, and they were aged in a way that meant Victoria was in her late 20's (at the last) when Abby was born. Now they all look the exact same age. This is one of the reasons why they are so tedious and flat as a family.

• Members

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks, I guess. I don't think ML looks mid-30s, more like late 20s, and if she looks too old to be going through the motions in her SLs, it's because her SLs present Abby as a slow-brained tween.

And Abby has a ton more pizzazz than her stuporific siblings! :lol:

• Members

I can see why you wouldn't want her on General Life to Live, I just figured she would really click with Jason Thompson, Kim McCullough (if she comes back), Finola Hughes, hot Ewen (lol), that's all.

• Members

The show doesn't care about Patrick, Ewen is a psycho, and Anna just makes out with Luke. I think if Debbi did go to GH she'd probably just replace Epiphany, or be an angry mother in one of "Cartini's" beloved teen pregnancy stories.

I would mostly like to see the character regressed in age (I wouldn't mind seeing this with Adam either, but then, Adam has been dead as a character for years, people just enjoy Michael Muhney). If they can't do that and if they actually wrote properly for the character, I might like Marcy Rylan.

Archived