Y&R July Discussion

• Members

Why is Adam still a free man? Is Vance still working on that "high profile case" he was months ago, the one that prevented Adam's involvement in Patti escaping from the mental institution from being addressed properly in a timely manner? Sheesh MAB. Do you think that perhaps this is just one reason what is happening behind the scenes at Y&R is happening? Inability to follow through when you've written your pets characters into corners? Boy, I am so angry today. Why didn't she just LISTEN to what we've all been saying for months, heck, years now?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I found that so weird. That Melody apparently just stopped talking to people for two years and then randomly started speaking to them again - maybe she was going through something in her personal life.

Melissa Parker (Smashing Interviews Magazine): Have you and Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) ever discussed those years that the two of you were estranged, so to speak?

Jeanne Cooper: Never ever discussed. After all of it, she waves her hand and says, “Oh, mom.” It was just some silly thing, I guess. I’m wondering if she remembers (laughs).

Melissa Parker (Smashing Interviews Magazine): That is just so strange. She basically ignored you on the set for two years and had nothing to do with you off set.

Jeanne Cooper: I know. You think it’s strange. You should have been me! I mean, here is someone who is like a daughter to me. I really was very protective of her. She’s a very talented lady, but very very sensitive. She still has the innocence and childishness that makes for creativity.

Melody’s not jaded, and that’s what I love about her so. I just talked to her the other day at a wedding. She never even refers to that period nor will she ever explain it. I don’t think she ever will. But, I wasn’t the only one. She did that to other people, and nobody knows why.

Jeanne isn't the first person to mention Eric always having to have the last word in a scene. She didn't seem to be bothered by it, but I'm sure it becomes rather irritating.

• Members

That is peculiar. A few days, a week, okay, sure. Two years?? That's a lot of patience and understanding. I don't think I could resume a normal relationship without an apology/explanation.

• Members

Jeanne and Melody refer to each other as "mother" and "daughter" IRL so I could see why JC had the patience. She considers MTS part of her family. Also, she mentioned that MTS was sensitive, creative, etc. There seems to be a lot of understanding in what makes MTS tick.

Archived