Y&R July Discussion

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I don't like about Daisy's and Ricky's death is this: I am really annoyed by the number characters that are useless on this show. Like Carmine and Genevieve and Tucker (now that Ashley is gone), etc. I am not a fan of the Emmy winner's character and her boring husband either. So I was happy to learn that Ricky and Daisy were going to leave the show. Given that so many fans despised these two useless characters, why did they make their deaths the focus of drawn-out SLs? I mean, do we care as long as they are gone? I would have been very happy to have learned that Daisy perished in a car accident and all these questions surrounding Ricky's death are ticking me off. Another drawn out SL about the death of someone we just wanted Gone. I don't want drawn out SLs involving useless characters! What is wrong with the writers at Y&R? Have they gotten so accustomed to their paychecks that they don't even TRY to write good story anymore?

• Members

Cramine and Abby in a hotel room playing Sudoku -- I'm sorry but I sort of love this! It's not 100% classic 80s two-people-on-the-run-who-get-drawn-to-each-other soap, but is as close as we are going to get. I love the comedy and I love their sweet chem. The actor is decent -- and decent-looking.

Then we have Ronan who speaks like the Matt Damon puppet in Team America: World Police. Actually, Ronan is not too bad this time around, but that is entirely due to his interaction with Paul/Doug Davidson who as usual is rising above the shlock and killing it with his scenes. This guy is a tentpole character for Y&R and he proves it again and again. If I have been watching Y&R with more interest, it is entirely due to the Paul-Ricky story (and the hope that Phyllis gets exposed as the psycho she is -- another story featuring Paul, coincidentally).

Now they need to find Daisy's body so that we can be sure that soap's most lethargic and stoned psycho has gone to the giant bong in the sky (or the flames of hell reserved for psychotic redheads).

• Members

I hardly consider Ricky death a worthless drawn out story. First, he killed by his father - so it's not a stupid murder mystery. Second, everybody complains about vets not getting airtime. Hello? DD is the second longest running actor on Y&R (34 years). He has been the ultimate team player on the show. Last, the story is aiming for the emotional angle. I'm OK with the story, but I'm getting ready to take a few month break from the show.

• Members

Doug Davidson is 1,000 times better than Mumbles Braeden. He is truly doing his finest work, considering the writing is still truly God Almighty awful. And can someone tell me how Paul is being arrested for first degree murder? This show is just...I can't even say it anymore.

• Members

Agreed and enjoying Lauren in the mix too....I knew I shouldnt have tuned in but did and i like seeing Paul and Lauren.....the rest not so much. The murder charge is just stupid...and new April...Jennifer Landon...umm...did she borrow Greg Brady's tonic shampoo??blink.pngmellow.png

Does MAB even know who she is??

Archived