GH: Discussion for the Month of July

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The extra walking in front of the camera??? SMDH! And they wonder why the mantle has only the pictures that come with the store bought frame. No awards for a reason, hacks!

The only way Cartini will get an Emmy is if they steal it. Low rent all around!

• Members

I think that is intentional. I think it's supposed to feel like this is all happening in real time and the viewers are watching things as they happen like a fly on the wall. We are supposed to be viewing things like we are a person actually watching this happen in front of our eyes. At least that is what I think we are supposed to be viewing. I think they did shots like these at times on OLTL too.

• Members

It looks downright awful. I may have happened on OLTL but I dont recall it. If its intentional, then thats almost as bad if not worse. At least if it was an accident, they could blame budget cuts and not wanting to retape a scene

• Members

I remember a whole bunch of odd gritty shots and the camera flying all around and doing different things during their stint on OLTL. Sometimes the camera was obscured and there were even times when they had shots that were upside down or tilted. I really don't think it was a mistake though, I really do think they want to make this show look raw, gritty, down to earth and edgy. I think that's what they wanted to do. They wanted to make that scene look like that of a point of view from an outsider who was at the metro court and watching Jason and Carly from a far. The person that walked infront of the camera is one of the waiters so that makes sense. They wanted the viewer to be in the scene with Jason and Carly. The viewer was looking at the dinner scene between two friends like they were one of the dining guests. They do camera shots like that all the time with Kristina's reality tv show documentary style talking to the camera and they did it with the camera on camera viewing with Todd watching Johnny too.

• Members
That' s all she 's going to do and have done for a decade....or maybe over a decade.

But I totally agree,

that's when nearly every character on the canvas gave Liz a verbal beatdown. ..IMO it made no sense to me whatsoever to brown-nose Jason's in this " bad mommy " storyline to exc u s e Jason for never giving a crap about this son

It would have made much more sense for her to be "equally " angry with him. Jason kept Michael ' paternity from her & Emily also knew about Jake and didn' t te ll her .. . Jason is a mob enforcer he could have told Monica regardless what Elizabeth sai d .

• Members

Perhaps that was strategic editing or something. Maybe Burton messed up the take but they liked what they saw from the early part of it so they had someone walk in front of the camera at the beginning of take two so they could roll the two takes together. It's definitely cheap but it would accomplish that goal.

• Members

I def. think the extra walking in front of the camera was intentional. This show has been looking so jacked up--I appreciate FV and his teams attempting creativity (the soap medium has never had any interest or esp. flair for form), but it is translating all wrong. But I still vote FV's OLTL as visually amazing by soap standards. But sh*t's not been worked out on GH--the new lighting, set design, wardrobe, and camera operating has been a sh*tshow, and I thought all these (save for wardrobe) were top-notch on OLTL.

And I still cannot handle Roger Howarth!!!

Archived