DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Administrator

Well bring in a new guy then! Not "a guy who raped her, a guy who kidnapped her son, a guy who made her think her son was dead, a guy who she shot in the head." But they have to stop this EJ/Sami nonsense.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im over Sami getting a new guy. They've inevsted alot in giving her strong romances in the last several years. They need to just stick with one and develop that, whether it be Lucas, EJ or Rafe. I think she works with EJ the best but only if they plan on committing to them.

• Members

Agreed. It also doesn't help that each new guy she has seems equally as daft and spineless as the last one she completely snowed over. Days doesn't seem to want to cast bad guys. They seem to love the generic hero/watered down men like Brady, Daniel, Rafe, Austin and Lucas in his most recent incarnation. It gets to the point where they are complete clones of each other and that's not interesting whatsoever. Sami needs someone like her and the closest that comes to that is EJ by a country mile.

• Members

I thought the idea was Sami being the bad girl offset the good guy. I might find Rafe boring but I actually think as a pairing they worked well together or as good as anyone. They were far better before they watered Sami down. I just don't care who she's with anymore it's gone beyond it's expiration date. If Sami is so fascinating a character she shouldn't need a strong pairing. Phyllis on Y&R proves they can craft an interesting story for her regardless of who she's paired with and I hate Phyllis but someone with a sketchy past and lots of skeleton like Phyllis or supposedly Sami shouldnt need to rely on and EJ to carry them.

I'm also not sure Lucas is a good guy. I remember he and Sami doing some pretty nasty stuff to each other once upon a time.

• Members

I don't know what that means, but either way the story with Safe is the same one Sami has always had for over a decade. It's the same one she had with Austin and Lucas before she met Rafe. Sami pretends to be nice, sweet and innocent to the man she likes, she does something underhanded to ruin the relationship and then she is left crying her eyes out before she sets her eyes on another knight in shining armor only to have the cycle repeat itself. All of Sami's love affairs are the same because all the men in Salem are the same. Sami needs a different man and hopefully then we can see a different relationship since they need her to be in a pairing. I don't care if Sami and EJ get together or not, but something has to give. I'm tired of seeing the same relationnship with Sami every other year. We always hear nice guy #12 tell Sami she is no good and that she needs to grow up and that she is an evil, vile, putrid thing. Something has to change. Sami needs to go back to being who she truly is and she needs a man who is like her, who will put up with her lies, her deceit and who will keep her on her toes. I'm sorry but it's like the men in her life never learn.

Nick has been shackled to Phyllis since 2005, so I don't agree at all that Phyllis doesn't have a love interest. Her story for nearly four years was based on if she was going to lose Nick to Sharon or not. But anyway I agree, Sami before 2005 was an interesting character because she was a scheming soap bitch, since they changed her character she has been boring as hell.

• Members

Sami was still a coniving bitch up until she got with EJ then around 2008 she got canonized a saint. That's when I stopped paying attention to boring ass Sami.

Rafe was a horrible pairing for her too because she turned into the good girl with that pairing. He's so dull and smug and she becomes a boring heroine when with him. Rafe can go.

• Members

Phyllis doesn't depend on Nick for story that's the difference. I keep heating how much better it would be for Sami if she was with EJ why? Is her story going to change. Again, if she's such a fascinating character she shouldn't need to be attached to the leading man on the show. I think Sami is just a used up character and the endless romances for her are tiresome and dull andthat includes EJ. They had something initially which is long past it's expiration date as has Lucas. Saddle her with Rafe and lets see if she can drive a story without EJ involved. SaMi became the victim in peril while she was saddled with EJ. Her pairing with Rafe just continued what they already started under EJ.

• Members

I'm so angry at this show right now, EJ not being a DiMera is just plain incompetence and ineptitude. I'm so pissed that MarDar right now, nothing they are writing is worth the ink or the paper that is printed on it.

• Members

What Sami needs isnt EJ. Nor is it Rafe, Lucas or anyone else. What Sami needs is a storyline NOT about a man or a baby. They need to do some corperate type [!@#$%^&*] and mix her up in it and redefine her character, because she has been ruined by JER regressing her to 15, turning into a victim to prop EJ, and becoming a damsil in distress for Rafe. She needs to say [!@#$%^&*] all of this and focus on her career and taking care of herself for once. Involve Victor, Kate, John, etc. This was an aspect of her character in the 90's and it could do her well. Esp if at the same time she goes to see a therapist because homegirl needs it and through that she works on her issues with all her men, her mother, her son, everything.

Archived