Melanie tries to escape from her captor again

John and Marlena got romantic again

EJ and Sami fight and then almost kiss again

• Members

Will needs to get f ucked already...thats why he is so mean and tense....lol

Sami is a whore

John needs to be sent to the old home.

I dont care about Melanie

Gabby is ruined....Chad is a stupid idiot...I really dont see the purpose in his character...

I tell you MarDar writing is awful....they just add some history reference to cover up all the bad writing they do.

• Members

This was one of the better episodes of late. Lucas going to John and Marlena for help and John owning his DiMera-ness, some freshness with Will/Sami/EJ, Chad finally thinking to call Carly, and Melanie trying to forge a bond with Andrew... I actually didn't feel like falling asleep. I'm kind of annoyed Melanie is leaving, because there's something interesting with her and Andrew -- shades of early Kayla/Patch, kind of like how Stephanie/Owen had potential in 2009.

• Members

I mostly agree. I saw his Emmy reel and remembed he was good at one point. At this point he isn't strong enough to hold his own in the scenes where he is trying to blackmail EJ. James Scott plays EJ well and CM's Will trying to take control just didn't seem realistic to me. I think someone told him to smirk as a character trait, but it is just getting out of hand. I don't know how he managed to become so unlikable. I am with you that I hope the writing change will improve the situation.

• Members

I agree with you. I think Chandler is a very capable actor who has been put into a repetitive pattern of writing that doesn't allow him any room to stretch and grow. Imagine if we got to see Will with Sonny...happy. Imagine if he was out of EJ's stupid orbit. Imagine if Will had a job working with Kate. Imagine if Grandma Wars had been maintained...Will and Chandler would have a heck of a lot to do, stretch, grow and be relevant with. MarDar have gutted the character.

I love Nicole. Always have. 1998 to present. A 14 year run! But I hate the writing for her. She can lead a B storyline with only Lauren Koslow besting her.

• Members

Melanie & Andrew defiantly have the possibility to be something pretty great. Sad shes leaving, Sad he isnt a Donovan.

RE Chandler. He is great. He is playing the part as it is written and he is directed. Its pretty clear, IMHO. They want Will to be this kind of cocky, almost arragont, overly sarcastic punk and also an emotional mess. He plays whatever one is written, issue is there is no bidege between the two, not only on his part tho. None in the writing, directing, producing, etc.. A lot of actors are told to play a character a specific way. Some, like Koslow & AZ are able to maintain a consistant character, others like AS have characters were are two different people depending on the day of the week and play one or the other, some like JS try too hard to pull it off, but most are just kind of lost. Its pretty universal across the cast and i think its far more of a producing issue than anything else. Days is clearly in a place right now of a power struggle, a place we all are familiar with from this damn show. Onto the next regime! it will be better, for a bit, then it will crash and burn. At this point they should just a constant revolving door of people to take over.

• Members

Massey has zero connection with any scene partners outside of James Scott, and Deirdre Hall (a relationship the show dumped anyway). You don't have to have talent, but if you have little to no charisma or ability to have a rapport, then you just become a burden.

• Members

I think folks give Massey too much credit because they like him where someone like Camille Banus gets chastised for doing the same thing.

He was hired to play Will as a certain type of character. Vulerable, damaged a bit, but he had warmth and a good heart and was genuinely likable. That's not Will anymore. He wasn't hired to play a male Sami so while he may be playing it as they want him to he fails because he cant pull off smug, calculating, judgemental, and sanctimonious and the only reason people care about him now is because of James Scott and EJ. I liked Will before and I think CM has some charisma, but this characterization just doesn't work for him. If they want to continue Will down this path they should recast.

And I don't think James Scott is any worse than Sweeney in how their characters are written. His characterization is the same and changes as the plot does. And she's no better than he is when she has to play against her strengths.

• Members

Flawless James Scott is Flawless. He has no faults in my opinion, he is one of the only leading men on this show that can actually you know... Lead a storyline. Most of them end up hitting the pavement like falling domino's when they try. I still don't know half of what goes on in this show most of the time because the players are all over the place. EJ is the rock in the maelstrom of MarDar's writing, it's everyone else who is all over the place.

Archived