DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't mind the Will and EJ stuff if they had a sense of what the real point of the story was supposed to be. Is Will being corrupted to the DiMera way? Is Will infatuated with EJ? Are we supposed to think Will is a dopey kid in over his head because he's trying to get back at his mom? But the story is basically about nothing, because they're trying to touch on every single point without actually landing on one.

Also, I'm excited about this fundraiser, just because we'll get to see everyone dressed up and in the same room.

• Members

I think we are to assume its about infatuation with EJ. But with that leads to sex...etc...etc....but that isnt happening. The whole I hate my mom so i am working for EJ even though we made up is beyond annoying, tedious, stupid, repetitive, just a bad story all around. The stories on days are just repeating the same dialogue with no movement in stories that arent stories or have any true meaning.

• Members

Caroline would have revealed in the phone call that she changed the paternity results to get revenge on EJ for hurting Sami. Dimera DNA rewrite fixxed!

I dont even get his motives bc he's said repeatedly to Lucas and Sami that he likes working for EJ and I kinda believes he does, but then they threw in that twist a few weeks ago in his convo with Sonny where he said he is trying to take him down. WTH? I dont even know what motivates him anymore or what he is really doing with EJ. I dont think MarDar did either. They wrote scenes, not storylines

• Members

I don't think it has a thing to do with Will infatuated with EJ sexually. I think the story was supposed to be Will be fascinated and possibly corrupted with power but EJ is not powerful at this point, he's being written as a weak victim now so the story if there is one makes no sense. I just think someone wanted an excuse to continue giving EJ and Will scenes together because they were getting buzz, caring little about crafting an interesting story.

And at this point I assume the motive is just trying to end as many stories as possible before the break.

• Administrator

Good God these Sami/EJ scenes are awful. It's episodes like this when I really hate Sami. She just looks really pathetic when she allows herself to feel like she wants him, a guy who raped her, a guy who kidnapped her son, a guy who made her think her son was dead, a guy who she shot in the head. Come on, Sami! Hopefully T&W feel the same as I do and Sami won't have this pull towards EJ, romantically.

• Members

I actually think that Sami needs a guy like EJ who gets and understands her as she is and not this made up image that she presents herself to be to all her other good guy suitors. He is the only man she's ever been with that actually stood up for himself and won't let her walk all over him just because he loves her. He's also the only guy who doesn't look completely shocked when they find out who Sami truly is underneath that veil of innocence and end up running for the door. I wish Sami would accept who she truly is, instead of trying to hide it or make it over with good guys (i.e. fools) like Austin, Rafe, Lucas, etc. Those relationships will never last for Sami nearly 20 years of that should have been enough to hammer it home.

Archived