DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Members

Is it possible it's a Regina George type thing? The meaner Regina George was to her friends, the harder they tried to win her back?

Not all friendships/relationships are on equal playing ground. To quote Eurythmics, "Some of them want to abuse you... some of them want to be abused." I just think your criticism of Will from the beginning has been based on your disliking him, which is fine, you don't have to like him or Chandler. But that doesn't make it unbelievable. Poorly written, yes. But I think it's perfectly realistic that Sonny would take Will's [!@#$%^&*] to be close to a hot guy. Many gay teens have really low self-esteem.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree. I 100% get it. I just wish they'd point it out! Have Abigail or that Brian dude or someone be like, "Will is kind of rude to you, Sonny. Are you into him?" I think they thought they were covering that by having Sonny admit to Lucas that he's into Will, but it wasn't made clear (like 95% of everything under this regime).

• Members

I do. But mostly because I find Salem to be grossly biased. Half of the people who work in the police department are Brady's and it's asinine that they are heading this investigation. Rafe and Roman are not being cops so much as they are purposely orchestrating a man hunt and it's been like that from the very beginning and I find that to be deplorable. It doesn't make me feel bad for EJ necessarily, but it does make me extremely angry that these "heroes" are acting viciously and aren't acting with integrity -- that upsets me. EJ being railroaded could be good television if it was being done by someone else and the people with the power weren't egregiously acting out of their supposed good standards.

I disagree. I think Will should hate his parents, that makes sense to me. Him covering for his parents even when he knows they are blood wrong is ridiculous and it never made sense. It was just as hypocritical as the other Brady's are currently being.

• Members

If that was what they were playing, then that might make sense. That doesn't seem to be the story. Beyond that, Will is so asexual and plastic that it's another reason why I don't see why Sonny is interested.

• Members

MarDar completely removed Chandler from the younger scene to put him in this horrifying storyline he can't handle. Where is the summertime fun?? Sonny lusting over Will while both are hanging out half naked....with the younger crowd??? Where?? Where??

• Members

I think the idea makes sense, but Sonny is just such a non-character. I don't have any idea what he wants or how he reacts. The show clearly doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*] about the character, or anyone but EJ, in Will's story.

• Members

Lucas is the least interesting one out of that entire quartet. As to the show making Lucas look bad, he isn't acting any differently then he did three or so years ago. It's not like they've changed his character he is the same controlling, sanctimonious jerk he's been since 2003.

• Members

He was also used to make other characters look better at that time.

None of the characters are very interesting at the moment, although the only one I think is truly uninteresting is Will, because I've seen the other three do good work. Chandler Massey never has.

• Members

The story doesn't make sense and is riddled with stuff viewers have seen for years plus the same scenes over and over. I don't care how many EJ and Sami fans think it's cool for Will to want to be like EJ it makes no sense storywise for him to allign with EJ I don't care how much he supposedly hates his mom and dad. Plus the story is just boring. They wasted the entire setup of Stefano's murder for this nonsense when they should have been doing a murder mystery with multiple suspects, pulling in other cast members. Abe, Marlena certainly had plenty of motive and they worked on giving the others motives just to drop everything for this ridiculous EJ is framed story.

• Members

So it's EJ's fault he is being framed? laugh.png Salem's police department is incompetent and Roman and Rafe have refused to look at any other suspects other then EJ, it's been like that since day one because they are vengeful and don't know how to do their jobs properly. Both Roman and Rafe should be fired it makes no sense how they are allowed to do what they want to do when they are damn near manufacturing evidence in order to pin this entire thing on EJ and protect their friends and family.

As to Will he has cause for not liking Sami and Lucas. Sami especially has given him amble motive. I don't understand why Will isn't allowed to be angry with them for things just because viewers like them. I personally find Sami and Lucas annoying as hell, I can only imagine how Will feels as they are his parents who are constantly causing problems for him.

• Members

Mostly because he adores EJ for things like raping Sami over and over. He's a hypocrite. Massey also fails to show any sense of rapport with his screen partners (aside from making goo goo eyes at EJ), so there is no layering which makes it seem like more than Will just hating everyone.

Archived