DAYS: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem with Will hating Lucas now is it came out of nowhere. Lucas came back, he and Will reconnected, the coming out scenes with Will and Lucas were decent. Lucas was very supportive and Will was all over bad Sami. Now all of a sudden Lucas abandoned Will? I actually might have bought that had they played that angle when Lucas came back. 5 months after the fact it loses it's punch. And Will is just a horrible person right now.

• Members

Agreed...I was going to post something like this but you said it so well. Will telling Lucas he wished he wouldnt have come back.......woooooo.....low blow.....and he wants to be treated like an adult when he acts immature and behaves worse than Theo.....LOL.....

• Members

I don't think it's that out of line in context to what Lucas did, which was completely take away Will's choice regarding the letter. All Lucas saw was an opportunity to take down EJ and that was more important to him then talking to his son about how to deal with the situation. He unilaterally made choices for Will and shut him out of any decision making, it makes sense that this would bring up old wounds. All the sudden Lucas wants to act like a father when he has been absent for a bulk of Massey's performance as Will.

• Members

I just thought Will was lashing out at Lucas because he's mad at him for taking the letter and turning in EJ. Lucas went to Hong Kong, so when he calls Will irresponsible or tries to cut off Will's attempts to be a "big man," Will uses that against him.

(I'm probably thinking of this more psychologically than the writers, though... Unless this is a Tomlin rewrite and they're trying to make sense of all the ping-ponging.)

• Members

Freddie Smith looks great with his little weight gain. Its nice to see someone who doesnt look like a greek statue come to life.

and Freddie is amazing for this

DAYS's Freddie Smith (Sonny) will visit Washington, D.C. on July 19 to talk with legislatures about bullying, keeping sports programs in schools and foster care mentoring.

Will treats sami and lucas like [!@#$%^&*] because they deserve it. They both have abadoned him, used him, and never put him first. He is into EJ because it pisses them off and hes a hot british bas boy. I really dont see where they need to expand on this. The characters of sami, lucas, ej, will, marlena, carrie are the few that M&D got right, IMHO. This is the best written most of the characters have either ever had or had in over 10 years. The stories suck, but the characterization is there and spot on.

• Members

Will's underlying psychology makes sense, but I could use a little bit of clarity on him. I can infer that he's attracted to EJ, that he wants to get back at Sami, etc. But it's all a little too underdeveloped, and while I think Chandler Massey has a lot of potential, he's certainly not receiving the direction to dig deeper and make subpar material work.

• Members

Yeah, I mean.. It could definantly be better done. But i was talking in the scheme of the show, in its current state, i find Will and his story to be one of the most evident and clear. Its missing little beats, like Sonny asking WIll if hes attracted to EJ and him awkwardly playing it off or moments where Will has a good time with sami or lucas then pulls back. But isnt every little beat and detail like that missing from days?

• Members

The problem is this doesn't seem to be what the actors say. They claim that EJ is a father to EJ. The writing has Will worship EJ, not use him to get back at Sami and Lucas. When half the fans go on about Will as the ideal son for "Ejami" and half the fans go on about how they want EJ to pound Will into tomorrow, then the writing is questionable.

The other problem is that Chandler Massey plays so many scenes with people beyond Sami and Lucas in a derisive manner. Will treats Sonny with thinly veiled contempt, which just points out just how poorly written and unbelievable this friendship is. I have no idea why Sonny even wants to be around him.

• Members

i guess I have to disagree about the writing for EJ being so much better and Sami. i think Sami started out better but they've regressed her. EJ again is written for plot. I mean do we care that hes being framed I know I don't. Isn't he supposed to be a villian? As for Sami started out better but we now have fickle Sami who I think is more like a teenager than victim Sami ever was. And Will? Considering Massey can't play what they are giving him as anything other than a petulant hateful baby, I think not. I think Will under the prior writers fit his range. Kind, gentle yet damaged. The Will who covered for Sami for shooting EJ and pled with Arianna to not turn on her to protect his mother I thought worked better for Massey than this resentful child he's turned into.

• Members

Agreed. I hope the incoming regime returns him to that. He is very likable in that role -- and I really enjoyed his work with Marlena, some of the softer stuff with Sonny regarding sexuality earlier in the story, etc. All it will take is one catastrophe that bonds him and Sami and shows him how awful EJ is for them to pull this off.

Archived