GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. At least the OLTLers have history on their side, even if it's not collective history, and bring something to the table that is not completely new. The actors also bring years of experience so they know what they're doing, as opposed to so many nubes we've seen who are practically schooled on GH their first year (if they make it that long). And for many of us, we have at least a passing knowledge of these character so we can sort-of see where they fit.

All in all I think it's an experiment worth trying, and I applaud them for that. There is a certain amount of genius taking the strongest characters (characters, not necessary actors) and mixing them in with another group of strong characters to keep the genre going. At this point what have the really got to loose anyway?

• Members

On paper, yes, but "Cartini" had little faith in this, so they killed off Starr's boyfriend and child, and rewrote John's history for no apparent reason. Todd also seems to have no real purpose.

Of the three, Howarth is the only one I think is doing a decent job, but even then, his scenes with Sonny (which were supposed to be a big draw) have been shockingly poor.

It's been like the worst of both worlds - these characters come in and take up a lot of airtime without any real effort being made to have viewers care, because it's just presumed they will care. The closest to "effort" is the unwashed moper sitting around pouting with PodAnna and her ugly hair.

Archived