GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just so we can move onto relevant conversation:

When PC STARTED, Lynn Herring and Jon Lindstrom had clauses in their contracts stating that if the show was cancelled within a certain amount of time, they would be brought back to GH. As the story goes, that agreement/contract had just expired when ABC decided to cancel PC. Therefore, Guza was not obligated to bring them back, and chose not to.

• Members

Thats fine but she was never set to return to GH in 2003. Her original contract in 1997 stated that if PC were to be cancelled, she'd be able to spend the remainder of her contract back on GH. That contract had expired by the time PC ended 6 years later and the one she re-signed didnt have that stipulation. There were no plans to bring her back and even if they were, Guza did not get rid of her....ABC did.

Exactly. Saying Guza got rid of Lucy is quite a stretch

• Members

We just see things differently. GH has always been my favorite soap even though there were things on it that I really didn't like such as Luke and Laura together. If I really had to go back and pick exactly when GH became less interesting for me it would actually be around 1996/1997, whenever Brenda's mother showed up as part of the story line written tor Vanessa Marcil's departure. My favorite GH scene ever was when Jax and Sonny emerged from the warehouse fire and Brenda ran right by Sonny into Jax's arms. I could have stopped watching after that since there was no happily ever after for Brenda and Jax. Once they wrote Brenda's breakdown over Sonny there was never going to be a chance of my ever being able to watch the two of them together again. I don't really care whether Jason and Elizabeth just remained friends or if they had a romantic relationship. Since they went down that road with them by giving them Jake then they should have played that relationship out to a better ending. The awful writing in regards to them put me off more than had they agreed from the beginning to keep Jake's paternity a secret and left it at that. Elizabeth was probably the one redemptive thing about Jason for me because even though I was never a fan of Jason and Robin and how she was used to make a criminal more acceptable, I disliked how Carly was used for the destruction of that relationship and how Jason treated Robin. The irony is that in terms of characterization, bad girl turned good Elizabeth made more sense as the type to support Jason's lifestyle than Robin did.

Nobody can make me interested in Sam's character unless an actress with some life in her came along to play her. Kelly Monaco is uninspiring to me. She was a drag on the little bit of Port Charles I watched. She was a drag in that Hallmark movie opposite Rob Estes. I watched thinking that maybe the problem I had with her acting was the horrible writing for her on GH and I know Hallmark isn't the greatest but she did have something with which to work and her character could easily have been sympathetic since she was dumped by her fiance. Unfortunately, she managed to make the idea of the man chasing a ghost more interesting.

ITA about the potential for Elizabeth's character. They could have done a whloe lot more with her than they did and now she's the rah rah girl for the super boring.

Archived