GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Members

I wanted her to come for a few days, reunite with Victor and get the hell out of town. Instead he creates this nightmare and I knew she'd be in for some misery if she stayed for too long.

Man I hope so. I hope thats the twist we end up seeing, kinda like he pulled with Robin. Maybe Im in denial but I dont want ot beleive that baby is dead. I never believed his father was truly dead either.... If the baby is alive, then RC will have killed off and brought back to life the entire family, mother, father and baby

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you missed ChitHappens point in that this kind of thing isnt beneath Todd as he's already done much worse, with or without Tea in the picture. If anything at least RC isnt writing him as malicious when we have all seen Todd intentionally hurt and cause pain, aka the dead baby lie with Blair. Todd isnt being throw under any bus. If anything Heather will be when this all comes out. Im sure Todd's hands will be clean and he will stay free while she ends up going to jail/back to Ferncliff. In this regard, RC already has it planned for Todd to have a scapegoat and not have to pay for what he's doing

• Members

Her hair looks better straight/wavy.

That's all I'll say here, because again, I like her and I have seen her take good pictures before (no really, I have! laugh.png ). And again, I'm too nice.

But it is a worse picture than the one with NP IMO.

Is that from her 21st birthday the other day (May 29th)?

• Members

In recent years, there was a lot of bickering (although good natured) about MW's Kate, and a lot of disbelief about Carly. The Jackie Zeman Wars, which got to be a little ugly. Lots of laughing about Brenda and her cackles. And probably a lot of Liz battles I have forgotten.

• Members

The GH threads used to be fun even when the show was awful, we still would have a good time poking fun at the show and making things more interseting then when what was on screen. Now its a miserable shell of its former self with the same never ending sh-t being slung back and forth and its gotten tiresome, redundent and just a pain to sift through.

I miss the Kate vs Olivia wars! LOL

• Members

Well I admit to only coming here largely during the days when the OL characters are on (as I only saw GH on YouTube before OL ended--older GH, that is), but even so, I'll still sometimes come here to see what else has happened, particularly for characters like Anna or Felicia. I have noticed the arguments around here that have gotten ugly--but I really can't comment too much on a lot of it. And because I'm still a sensitive little girl at heart. tongue.png

Still, even the arguments can be interesting to me, depending on what they are about. I've learned more about recent GH from them.

• Members

You guys don't get it. Ron thinks complacency sucks and the alternative to complacency is to screw everybody and piss them off. If everybody is mad that means they're passionate and in his world that is success. Congratulations Ron! I think you made it!

• Members

GH or this board because it's hard to tell? Unfortunately, GH is no longer GH, so this unpleasant discussion will continue. I honestly think the monthly threads should be labeled OLTL 2.0. I can say with absolute certainly I would not enter. Cartooni have all but made it official, why don't we? Or make a thread called OLTL Reboot. You should be amongst friends.

I'm sick of reading OLTL complaints in what should be a GH thread. I'll live!

• Members

I may be mistaken about RC saying he respects the show's history and touted the return of Holly, Anna, and whoever else.

Just because you don't like or care for them does not mean that there aren't people who do and the same could be said about other characters being worthless since every viewer won't find value in all the characters. Besides, my comment was about the writing in terms of RC saying he respects the show's history and my opinion is that sticking Elizabeth and Jason in scenes together because they were friends under the pretense that they shared some sort of loss is weak. The purpose isn't to have them grieve Jake since Jake was killed so that Sam and Jason could have his only biological child (even if they detoured on the paternity and RC didn't write Jake's death). It's ridiculous that considering that with what went on with the three of them over Jake, Elizabeth and Jason would rekindle their friendship so that she can encourage him in his relationship with Sam. Jason and Elizabeth don't need to be anywhere near each other at all. That doesn't constitute writing that respects histoyr as far as I am concerned and he should focus on actually writing stories instead of throwing crumbs to what might be left of the Jason/Elizabeth fans.

And let me be clear that I am not a Jason and Elizabeth fan. There's a difference between not objecting to their relationship and having some vested interest in it. My thing is if they were finally going to be put together then wriite a relationship and not have them get together every day to point out the reason why they can't be together. They could have left Elizabeth with Lucky and did the whole Jake paternity thing way down the road or never if GH ended before.

I didn't see it but I cannot imagine that GH can get any campier than the House of Cassadine and whatever it was with the ice. And if that wasn't campy enough then defrosted Stavros and Luke's fight scene back in 2002 or 2003 would be it. Defrosted Stavros killed Chloe in a positively brutal way so morbidity is nothing new either. In the middle of all that darkness that defrosted Stavros broght to Port Charles (and he was extremely creepy yet none of the women he encountered seemed to notice). Also there was the Jerry Maguire moment when Nicholas told Gia she completes him.

• Members

I was never a fan of Sonny and anyone but because I'd missed the uglier parts of his relationship with Carly, I was okay with them the first time around.

I think it was back in 1996, Jason and Elizabeth had a pretty good friendship when she was hiding him in her studio. I don't know when Jason and Sonny started swallowing GH but I know that it was after 2003 because the Cassadines were still around at that point and they were pretty dominant then. Jason was still okay back then.

I couldn't watch Port Charles once the Buffy/Lucy stuff stated. I could laugh at the whole vampires in Port Charles lunacy but then I'd watch GH and be faced with the realization that the Port Charlles vampires never bothered the characters on GH. I caught snippets of Caleb and Livvie and could not get into them. It wasn't like buying into Buffy and Angel. Oddly enough, I loved Michael Easton on Mutant X. I can take mutants and vampires but not on a soap for some reason.

• Members

That's your own preconceptions though. As Dark Shadows, Passions, and Port Charles all showed, there is no reason why a soap can't be about the supernatural. I can accept any genre provided it hasn't been run into the ground like the mob genre was with GH even ten years ago. The mob is tired, that needs a rest and supernatural is a perfectly acceptable replacement. The budget isn't there, but I think after 10 years of non-stop babies on GH, I could totally get behind a baby eating vampire zombie terrorizing Port Charles because the new villain was actually the high priest of Cthulu and Sam is slated to be his next sacrifice. Lets see how good Jason's guns are then!

At least it would be different.

• Members
Im talking about this thread. Its depressing coming on here and hearing nothing but constant misery and people going back and forth about that. It didnt used to be like that over here. Someone should create a Hate thread in the Love/Hate section of this forum and populate that with the negativity bc its nothing but the same nonsense over and over and over.....

Archived