GH: Discussion for the Month of June

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uh. THIS OLTL fan isn't enjoying the show. If you're a fan of any of the female characters from OLTL what do you get out of this. Dead babies? Or in my case, my girl's man sniffing the glittery hoo hah of Jason Morgan's wife? I can't watch anymore. I tried. So the OLTL fans aren't all thrilled about this either.

That said. I think the "flood" of OLTL characters "eating the show" is an exaggeration. They may have been used slightly more than any other newbie brought on to create story for the GH characters but not that much. Where it becomes an issue is when they spend time on exposition and explanation of the character's history for all those GH viewers who have no idea who they are and could care less. A day of dialogue with Tea talking to John about his Samsel Sydrome isn't going to be very interesting to GH viewers. They don't care that his affection for Sam is part of some emotional disturbance.

• Members
:rolleyes: Just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean I am wrong. They aren't taking over the show like you want to believe so bad. "Getting rid of the OLTL characters!" will not make the show any better, it sucks either way.

• Members

Then let it suck without them. You all but stated they are not needed so why are they here? A half decent writer could pull GH into a respectable state without polluting it with their favorite characters from a dead show! They need to [!@#$%^&*] go!

ANDREA

• Members

I'm not the one writing the show so I can't answer that question. All I'm saying is that the OLTL characters are not taking over the show, and some people (not you) make it seem like the show would somehow be better if they were gone. It is just not the serious. Kate's DID story, Maxie and the dragged out Lisa Niles mess, Reality Star Kristina and the who killed Anthony story stink on their own. I think what RC did at OLTL worked for that show but doesn't work at GH but unfortunately he is here til the end. Don't put the blame on 4 characters when the show as a whole isn't that good.

• Members

...and has sucked for well over a decade, much as some are loathe to admit.

Still, I am satisfied that Cartini is using GH as an empty vessel for the OLTL characters to thrive in, since Llanview no longer exists onscreen due, in part, to ABCD's hard-on for the worst soap out of the three.

I think it makes one delusional when they spout/echo/imply that Guza was a better writer/was what made this show great.

Whatever one feels about Mr. Depp, I'm sure we can all agree that this greasy dude isn't even close to capturing his essence - try as he might.

• Members

No one said Guza made this show great at all, you're making up stuff there. However RC and Guza are two sides of the same coin. They both suck as writers and I don't understand how nayone can say RC is a better writer when there's even less romance, baalnce, and focus on the hospital than ever before.

• Members

The only fabrication that is going on is the idea that GH post-1999 (which, up until last year, was helmed by Guza) is better than what we are seeing right now. As long as I keep on reading anything that so much as hints - let alone directly states - this, I will always call bullshít on that.

• Members

Guza was a much better writer than RC. Guza's problem was that he was a mob obsessed serial killer. His only solution was death. However, he knew how to tell a story. Can't say that about RC. This clown thinks everything should have a punch line. His stories never make sense. All the plot holes resemble Swiss cheese. He has no problem showing his stupidity. In fact, he wears it like a badge. He is by far the ABSOLUTE WORST thing to happen to GH. Damn ABC for doing this!

ANDREA

• Members

Guza built one of the best writing teams in recent memory. Compare that with the group of losers RC has put together. Garin Wolf is proof that surrounding yourself with incompetents does not automatically lead to job security, but I'm guessing RC didn't get the message.

I didn't always like Guza's stories, but his writing is looking better every day.

Archived