Nashville: Discussion Thread

• Members

Great Show, Great cast. Loved every minute of it. A show set in Nashville and based on the music business is a dream come true for me. I love country music and have traveled to Nashville for the past 8 years. I've made tons of friends that our song writers and singers so it's going to be interesting to hear there take on this show.

Bravo ABC you have another hit on your hands.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just realized Whitey is played by JD Souther! OMG! If this man writes or collaborates on any songs for this show, we are in for a huge treat! He's written and/or collaborated with the best of them! He practically wrote one of The Eagles entire records! God, I love him!

Another thing, I could watch Rayna and Lamar's confrontation til the cows come home. That and the intoxicating duet at the end.

I would love it if Coleman Carlisle had a daughter who's a singer trying to breakdown the "barriers" to the country music industry. That would make me salivate!

• Members

I haven't seen it yet but has anyone seen the film Nashville? It reminds me of a modern take of that to a T - which isn't a bad thing. That movie is a classic.

I'm just afraid that the southern accents and country music will keep me from liking it since I'm not partial to either.

• Members

There are only 3 shows that are currently must see for me:

Person Of Interest

The Walking Dead

Nashville (sorry Grimm, but turning the Captain into a punk while stalling on who he is has worked my final nerve. I will watch but not because I have to or want to).

In that order!

Love Nashville! Coleman letting Lamar know what time it was? This is a rivalry I can enjoy as long as it is not forgotten and Robert Wisdom is given a decent amount of airtime. Please give this man a daughter who wants to sing country music! RW can act, and he and PB are so good together. I"m super excited about this rivalry.

Can we say that Deacon is a rat bastard or am I being too harsh? How dare he have his lover sitting in the audience knowing she's smitten with him and introduce Rayna the way he did. LOSER...but he's hot!

Best part? So very little of Johnathan Jackson. Thank god! JJ is overrated in Daytime, and it's great that Prime Time has the good sense to give us very small doses.

• Members

Connie Britton is one of my faves. Friday Night Lights was one of the best shows on TV and she was awesome in it. But it seems like she has bad luck with TV shows. Nashville is a good show and I love her, but the ratings have to be disappointing with all the mega promotion the show got.

Ratings last night, 6.75 million viewers, 2.0 18 to 49 demo, down 28% from the prior week.

I'm hoping since it is a quality show, ABC gives it some time to gain an audience

• Members

I'm not feeling this great love between Deacon & Rayna. Definitely unresolved feelings but nothing grand. Juliet got a little sympathy from me.

I hope they develop the husband more and show Rayna at least liking him. She seems tired of marriage.

I like Avery because it's so obvious where it's going with Scarlette and Gunnar. Although I hope they surprise us.

Archived