Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the reason I don't care as much for Convy's version is it's all about him. Oh look, he knows the answer, let's watch him giggle about it. I still enjoy the show but not as much as Ludden (although he's better than Tom Kennedy, or awful Regis).

• Members

I had NO idea it lasted that long! I guess after the first year or so I felt I was too old for TNBC shows. What I remember about the early episodes though were my problem was, while the original was hardly brilliant, most of the characters and even full stories were essentially recycled from the original. Wow, didn't know it was on DVD....

• Members

I loved SFU, but never ever even slightly cared for The Sopranos...

Interesting all this talk about BVert Convy--I've never seen him as a talk show host, I just know him from the major Broadway roles he performs on the original cast albums from the 60s--mainly Fiddler on the Roof and Cliff in Cabaret. where he really comes off as a likeable, albeit slightly bland very American leading man (nice singing voice though).

• Members

I loved Bert Convy as a game show host--very kind to contestants/celebrity contestants and he kept things going, too. He sometimes gave away answers by accident on SP, but that was actually the exception, not the rule. laugh.png

It's a shame he died so young sad.png .

Here's a Jeopardy UO:

After the 1992-1997 theme, my favorite is the 2001-2008 theme, ESPECIALLY the cool guitar part near the end. It also gives me fond memories of the summer of Ken Jennings smile.png .

• Members

This Jeopardy theme, not really. It's just not as popular as the 1984-1991/1992-1997 themes are, and probably not as much as the 1997-2001 theme, either (I like that one, too, but as an eight year old I was LIVID when they changed the theme. I really think that's why I stopped watching regularly for awhile until Ken came along laugh.png ).

The 2008 theme brings about more rage due to the total change in key, probably.

And the Season 8 theme (1991-1992), is like the 1984-1991 theme but in a lower tone.

The V of Doom? Oh yeah. There were legions of kids who got the crap scared out of them by that logo (ditto the Screen Gems S from Hell). There are countless parodies on YouTube.

And I'm not sure if this is real or not, but it probably doesn't help with the scare factor much:

The V of Steel is seen as a calmer logo, but I remember being just as jolted by it as the other one, because it starts out looking very pretty, and then...BOOM! laugh.png

• Members

I agree about Seinfeld. Not a fan.

I'm a woman who would rather watch NCIS, Fringe and Alcatraz rather than Grey's Anatomy or American Idol.

I'm also a woman who likes shows on the SyFy channel that, apparently, nobody I know watches (Eureka, Haven, Warehouse 13).

I don't watch or follow sports of any kind. Couldn't tell you who plays in the World Series, Superbowl, etc. while the country goes through its national obsessions.

I don't watch modern sitcoms. Any of them.

I thought Andy Rooney was the worst part of 60 minutes.

I disliked the 3 originals on MASH (McClean, Larry and Wayne) who were replaced and infinitely preferred all 3 of their replacements (Morgan, Stiers and Farrell). That being said, I also don't watch the reruns. Not really a show I want to see over and over.

Archived