Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Moesha UO:

I wish Kim hadn't been written off after the gang graduated from high school. Granted Countess Vaughn got to star in a show and it jump-started Mo'Nique's career, but I thought that Kim was far better utilized as a part of/had far better chemistry with the original gang (Moesha, Hakeem, Niecy) over the duds that

The Parkers

put together. It also didn't help matters that they dumbed Kim's character all the way down on the spinoff - something that I can help but think that they wouldn't have done if Kim had stuck around for Moesha's college years.

Another unpopular opinion of mine is that the show jumped the shark when Countess left. I call this a UO because folks always blame Ray J for killing the show, even though the lack of Kim, IMO, left a hole in what was a decent cast that had great chemistry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I hate it when fans of low rated shows complain that a network didn't let the showrunners give the show a proper ending and/or act like their show is entittled to one. Considering that said show should have been cancelled sooner, be grateful for what you got.

• Members

I'm not sure if this is a UO, but I found more entertainment and laughter in the line up that included My Wife and Kids and the George Lopez show on ABC, than any other sitcoms produced with a laugh track within the past 5-6 years. I found My Wife and Kids a quality that rivaled many classic family sitcoms.

• Members

I think it has its moments, but I've never seen a solidly "good" episode of it. Every episode is on/off and I do tend to find it more off than on. Also unlike South Park which, while admittedly inspired by The Simpsons, was extremely original in its own right and charted a unique course for itself, Family Guy is just TOO damn derivative of The Simpsons. If you go back and watch the early seasons of The Simpsons it's disgusting how Family Guy blatantly plagiarized it in except in a less funny/intelligent way and with crappier animation.

I do think Family Guy is massively overrated.

• Members

See I disagree with this. To me the show kept its quality, and yes I noticed Bob getting snippy with the contestants but it was part of the fun IMO. Sometimes they were really stupid and took too long and Bob was the voice of those of us watching from home.

Archived