Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rachel & Joey were miles better than Ross & Rachel.

I love it when the Conner family gets money on Roseanne

Sienfield is boring.

The Simpsons is awful.

The Real World is still a good show. I feel a lot of people judge it without watching it. I feel represented well on that show as a gay person.

Teen Mom is a show that does more good than bad.

The middle and later years of 90210 were better than the beginning.

The college years of Dawsons creek were fine after about 6 episodes of them trying to find their footing.

The only bad time on felicity is when it focused on Molly.

Buffy peaked in season three and overall Angel was a much better show and by far Cordelia is the most interesting character in that universe.

The Hills is one of the greatest dramas of all time. Of all time.

• Members

A lot of what happened in the last 2 years of Roseanne was due to her own bitterness towards ABC as they increased their interference in the creative direction of the show in later years. She just decided to thumb her nose at them and take it way over the top.

• Members

Me too. I've been a huge Brady fan my whole life. The books, the movie, the reunions, the greatest hits CD--wait, did I say that one out loud? laugh.png

Speaking of which, a possible Brady UO:

Eve Plumb was just as beautiful as Maureen McCormick throughout the series. She was a very cute little girl in the beginning, and was still pretty in the middle seasons--just largely hidden behind curly hair and her glasses. And in the last season--she was, hands down, prettier than Maureen (who often looked too tan and her eyebrows too dark, IMO), with her straight hair and the glasses off. Just beautiful, and she continued to be throughout the 70s during the Dawn: Portrait of a Teenage Runaway era. She's made some interesting hair style/hair color choices since then, but she can still bring it when she wants to. It drives me crazy how some act like she was never allowed to be pretty (the movies didn't help in this regard), when in season 5, she clearly was the standout Brady girl, IMO.

...And I say this all as a straight chick, too.

In fact, at the end of the series, I'd say Peter & Jan > Greg & Marcia, looks wise.

• Members

I used to watch the Brady Bunch, a lot, but the years of "Oh, by the way, did you know we were having sex/that I am going to make myself look like a sex addict so you will pay attention to me/that I have numerous addiction problems and will talk about them numerous times" took away any interest I had. I can't even really watch anything with Florence Henderson now.

• Members

Girlfriends

I was neutral (at best) towards this show when it first debuted because of the hole that Living Single's cancellation left behind. Was willing to tune into the inferior dialogue and shallow characterization just so that I could see Black women on TV. Well, that went to hell and a handbasket when one of the women forgave her best friend for attempting to seduce her man (out of spite, mind you) because she found Jesus. I was never able to get over that BS, stopped watching that crap, and still am at a loss as to how that show lasted as long as it did while becoming on the most beloved Black sitcoms of all time.

• Members
+1. Finally someone who shares my sentiments!.

As for the second point, I preferred Angel but I cant say it was a much better show. I loved both for different reasons. To add to things

I loved Riley and Buffy. I was upset when he left

I also loved Angel and Cordy and preferred them over he with Buffy

I hated Willow being a lesbian. It didnt make sense to me for them to just change up her sexuality like that especially since she never showed any signs of liking girls and was into men. On a similar note, I hated Tara

• Members

I stopped caring about Angel as soon as Gunn, and then Fred, showed up. The Gunn/Fred/Wesley story is one of the worst I have ever seen on TV and the main reason I tuned out. She was such pathetic pandering to fanboys who wanted a "hot" nerd, and Gunn was a weak character who was so meaningless to the show that they basically told the press he was only being brought in because of his race. The only time the character had any spark was when he was close to Wesley, so naturally, the show ended that for Fred.

Archived