Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I didnt realize she was hated

Speaking of that and SaTC, I hated Samantha as a lesbian. I tuned in each week to watch her suck d-ck, not eat coochie!

Oh and I HATED Carrie and Big. Carrie and Aiden all the way.

For the most part, Miranda was an unlikeable cow

I actually loved Charlotte and Trey. I wish they had lasted

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep even the actors(all of them) hated the Joey and Rachel pairing. JA spoke out about it and said Joey was always like a brother to Rachel and it was so uncomfortable doing those scenes for that reason. She even talked about being glad it ended before it really began

I loved "Joey" but yeah he wasn't a good character to spin off, he was more a supporting character

• Members

It wasnt great but it wasnt that bad. The original MP was pretty bad in the first half of season 1 and things didnt start to get better till the latter half. If the network never gave them a chance to revamp, we'd never have gotten the amazing series we got. Too bad 2.0 never got a chance to revamp itself

• Members

I enjoy some I Love Lucy episodes, but I think many of the "Ricky teaches Lucy a lesson" episodes are very dated and don't reflect well on the show.

My UO regarding Lucy is that after reading about her life (which seemed extremely unhappy, and cold, for most of her life), it's tough for me to enjoy her onscreen work. I know the cliche is comedian = miserable life, but for some reason it affects me more with her than with others.

• Members

I don't think that's unpopular.

(I thought WB kind of lost most of its potential when they focused too much on the same formula, with ever diminishing returns)

I think FOX has sucked as a network since about 1995.

I agree with those who think Freaks & Geeks was only seen as underrated because it focused on uncool kids. That's the same formula Judd Apatow has used in all his rotgut films - that it's OK to shun women and minorities, as long as you are seen as "uncool."

• Members

Here are some Facts of Life UOs from the Primetime board (except for the one about me liking the season 7-9 theme song--I mentioned that earlier):

I like the Blair/Sue Ann rivalry almost as much as the Blair/Jo rivalry (and I like Jo best when she's with Blair).

I don't think the first season is THAT bad. There was just more people.

There are some good episodes in the last few seasons. One of my favorites is the one after Edna's Edibles burned down. And I LOVE the Christmas Baby episode where Blair's mom Monica has Bailey.

And another Power Rangers UO:

Tommy? Not that attractive to me. It could just be that I'm not normally into long hair on dudes, but still, give me Billy (or Jason, for that matter) any day!

• Members

Uh, she's hated because she's one of the fakest bitches out here and acts like a 16 year old Drew Barrymore wannabe when she's actually in her 40s. I hated her well before SITC and I'm glad Hollywood has caught up.

Not THAT unpopular. Natalie and Tootie were comic GOLD that season.

Here's my first and I'll think of more later:

ALLEN GREGORY ROCKED!!!

It's the funniest animated sitcom that's come along since South Park and is FUNNIER than FOX's ENTIRE Sunday Animation Domination block, save "The Simpsons". I mean, "The Cleveland Show"? "Bob's Burgers" (so-so in its first season but AWFUL now)? "American Dad"? REALLY? It's far funnier than "Family Guy" too, which is easily the most overrated, mediocre sitcom of all-time, though I don't blame them for keeping it on the air, considering it's ratings.

• Members

Possible UO among my generation:

I LOVE watching Leave it to Beaver when it's on. There's just something about it that makes me smile. And besides, any show that had an episode revolving around a kid (Beaver in this case) getting stuck in a soup bowl on a billboard can't be all THAT bad.

Archived