Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Is that when he became evil for the love of Fred? As much as I loved watching Alexis Denisof, it didn't work for me. I thought she was just a terrible, terrible actress and character, and it took me out of the story entirely.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Joss Whedon is a weak writer who could never properly finish a story and who was lucky enough to ride a pop culture wave, which he's been riding ever since. He has written garbage for over a decade.

I hate shows which need to keep friendships long after they have stopped being believable. It's like they said in Four Seasons - people lose touch. People stop talking to each other. That's life. These false friendships have the stench of death. The last years of Buffy and Sex and the City were especially bad in this department. Xander was treated like a stupid pet and I didn't buy that he was close to anyone else. He should have been written out. Due to the offscreen issues between Allyson Hanigan and SMG, I did not buy the Willow/Buffy friendship. SMG was so shut down that she struggled to have emotional connections with anyone. They tried to write this into the script, but this happened long before they started the "Buffy can't feel" stories. Sex and the City was just too much for me to buy that the women, especially Charlotte, would still be so close at the end. The only believable story arc in that show's last navel-gazing years was when Stanford grew up and clearly had little in common with or regard for Carrie.

Aside from a few supporting characters, I think Northern Exposure was unwatchable years before it ended. The same goes for Picket Fences.

The story started that he went that way because Fred was with Gunn.

• Members

I liked Tara and Joyce (I think Joyce was one of the few who made the show less of a sneering quipfest). Dawn was awful.

I thought the WB's "goodbye Buffy...PS, this show is over now" ad was actually kind of hilarious.

• Members

I love the show no matter what, but the last two years are just as fun to watch as the first two years (but I have a soft spot for the Miss Adorable episode in Season 1. I watched that one over and over as a kid--and I always loved Punky's ponytails with the sunshine clips wub.png ).

Also: I love Margaux. Don't know if that's a UO, but I do. And I love the closing instrumental theme almost as much as the opening vocal theme.

• Members

I liked Margaux too (I always remember when she lost her money for one episode). The last few seasons were free of the sometimes grotesque and maudlin stories of the earlier episodes, although I can't remember when that somewhat disturbing "Self-loathing girl constantly makes fun of her weight as a defense mechanism, then accepts herself...and hey, look, she's lost weight!" episode aired.

• Members

The V of Steel could be just as jarring to me as the V of Doom. It sort of lulls you into a false sense of security, then--BOOM! Jolted me a lot as a kid.

And the longer version is kind of creepy in how it just stays on the screen for a few seconds. I like to call it the "Stalker V."

Full House UO:

I prefer Nelson (Jason Marsden) as DJ's boyfriend to Steve. I wish they had stayed together longer.

• Members

I loved Saved by the Bell The New Class. It was nowhere near as horrid as people make it out to be. Sure it wasnt as good as the original, but I think people tend to rag on TNC bc it wasnt the original. Funny thing is that as a spinoff , it went on to last longer. TNBC was my drug as a kid and this show was one of the biggest draws. I especially loved the season 5 cast

2zjfeip.jpg

• Members

I don't think Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert are funny. This opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I disagree with them politically, as "All in the Family" and Bill Maher are often hilarious.

Archived