Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I dont care. I wish that show were flat out cancelled. I am upset that in 14 seasons they have never had a black dancer on DWTS. Thats very glaring. The only black personality they ever had on the show was the host Lisa Canning and they got rid of her after the first season

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Primetime seasons are too long now and with writers being less original, two dozen episodes a season doesn't work anymore.

Chico and the Man is boring, I tried to give it a chance, but it just wasn't good to me. I do like the theme song, though.

MADtv had better actors in it's early seasons than SNL has had in a long time.

Family Matters was better without Urkel. The early episodes where he was not featured or only very supporting are the best ones.

Touched By An Angel is one of the best dramas ever.

In The Heat of the Night is one of the best cop shows ever, right along with Hill Street Blues and Cagney and Lacey.

• Members

I only enjoyed the first season or two of Daria. I think the show worked best in a short term run. The idea of the show was Daria being this girl on the edge of society, watching stupid people and commenting on them. I didn't care about Daria as a regular person with some quirks, or Daria finding love, or character development.

• Members

I still enjoy some of Designing Woman, due to the performances, but it hasn't aged well at all.

Mary Jo is also one of the most annoying TV characters ever. I like Annie Potts but I just cannot stand Mary Jo most of the time.

• Members

I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and definitely remember The Bozo Show, from when it was a weekday morning show to the Super Sunday Show. My sister was in the audience back around '85... there was a looooong waitlist to get into that audience, according to my mom.

• Members

I didn't live in Chicago and I watched Bozo's show in the early 90's. I still remember how nerve-wracking it was when those kids would have to throw the ball into the buckets which got further and further away!

• Members

There's a great scene from the Bozo, Gar & Ray special, where they show a clip from Bozo in about 1988/1989 where a little girl (who was quite young) named Tiffany kept walking up to the buckets during The Grand Prize Game, and Bozo kept trying to tell her that she had to stay where she was to throw the ball, to no avail. Finally she goes to the sixth bucket and grabs the $100 bill for herself! laugh.png

And of course, Hardrock, Coco & Joe, Suzy Snowflake, and Frosty the Snowman--I'm so happy they still play those every Christmas wub.png .

Here's one:

I still like Clarissa Explains It All. When The 90s Are All That began rerunning the show last summer on TeenNick, I was FLOORED at how many people said they hated it/thought it was boring on Facebook. Okay, yeah, it's Facebook, and they may have never seen it before, but still, it shocked me. Obviously not everyone's going to like something, but about the only thing I can think of that might turn people off from it are the outdated pop culture references Clarissa often made, which isn't entirely fair.

And this may not be a UO, but I prefer to remember MJH as Clarissa instead of Sabrina (and I watched BOTH shows as a kid and loved them).

I like the last season theme of Diff'rent Strokes.

Archived