Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I didn't hate Full House because of the Olsen twins, I hated it because it was one of the most corny, saccharine, preachy, unrealistic, dumbed down shows of all time. I hated that every episode would be some lame ass lesson where they'd break into a heart to heart with that terrible "serious" music that would make the studio audience go "awww." That show represented everything that was wrong the family-friendly sitcom -- it was too sugary sweet and pleasant to the point where it was just obnoxious.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another UO:

I didn't watch it growing up, but for some reason, when I find a Step by Step episode on YouTube, I just can't resist. It could just be me making up for me watching something I didn't watch growing up in the 90s, but for whatever reason, I like it. It's pretty lame sometimes, but there you are. Rich & Dana are love, though wub.png .

Believe me, I recognize that now, even if I grew up with it. The Nostalgia Critic tore the show apart when he reviewed it and I still laughed my ass off.

• Members

LOL Full House was definitely cheesy, but I honestly liked the show when I was younger and watching as an adult I can still watch any episode from any season and enjoy it.

Family Matters.... hate that show with the fire of thousand suns. It was SOOOOOO lame before Urkel and once his annoying ass took over the show. Ugh. The stupid and dumb ass sci-fi stuff. I don't even want to keep talking about it.

• Members

My mother, not at all your typical KUA fan, but she LOVED that show. On Saturday nights she'd say, "All right ch'all, y'all know I gotta go watch my people..." "My people" meaning those crazy Brits, Hyacinth n'em.

• Members

I remember FT and seeing the dvds in the TV on dvd section of record stores and whatnot, but I sought it out because this girl I was interested in was a big fan. Like, quoted it the way I can quote Golden Girls or Sanford and Son. Seeing it and not really feeling it was yet another clue that we weren't meant to be.

• Members

I have and always will love Sex and the City precisely because it provides a fantastical escape of cosmos and Manolos in the kingdom of NYC - a world that I have no problem escaping in when I need a break from real life. I'm well aware that it is just as lily-white as Friends (a show that I've refused to give any credit to because it was the white version of the superior Living Single), but the genuine and unbreakable friendship between Samantha, Miranda, Carrie, and Charlotte is what ultimately gives me carte blanche to give it a pass.

• Members

It took until this past year for me not to cringe watching Amy Acker in a show. I finally got rid of the Fred memories. Thankfully.

I also think most of the cast were kind of annoying (especially Sean Hayes). The show was basically every bad stereotype rolled into one, yet still ends up talked up as some groundbreaking moment. No thanks.

That's how I felt about the first few seasons - I wish they hadn't started taking themselves so seriously.

Archived