Unpopular Opinions on TV (Outside of Soaps)

MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I totally like Angel more than Buffy as well. My friends do not agree. LoL

And Hal Sparks is just awesome, IMO. I randomly watched a stand up special of his on Comedy Central and fell in love with him all over again. However, I do not agree that the later seasons of QAF were better. I loved the series, but if the show had ended with the series 3 finale, that would have been absolutely perfect for me. I also can't understand disliking Gale Harold, but Rnady Harrison ... sheesh was his character hard to get through sometimes, plus the actor is a little sh*t in real life. I remember some actor totally admitted to the press that he was a punk, I forget who it was though.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Speaking of Stanford, I loathed the fact that they paired him with Anthony* I get that the show was trying to convey that he was getting up there in years and should've taken what he could get, but I don't buy for a second that that turdlet was the best that Stanford could do - especially in NYC.

*all the more reason why I pretend the second SATC movie never happened, because I also refuse to believe that such a kindhearted man like Stanford would settle for an open marriage with that unappealing assh0le.

• Members

Another UO:

Pam Grier's character's relationship with Kelly Lynch's character is what made me tune out of The L Word, as I hated the fact that the only definite straight character on the show had to dabble with an LGBT pairing in the first place - especially since I don't recall any of the lesbian characters getting involved with men on the show in the 1 and change seasons that I did watch.

*granted, they may have decided to do this down the road (I don't know since I hadn't watched past early season 2).

I'm more of a Michael Ian Black girl myself, but I'm with you in loving those I Love The -- shows (yes, even the 00 ones)...wub.png

• Members

Ugh, I didn't realize that they paired them in the movie. The show had an episode specifically devoted to saying why they should not be together, saying that just because you know two gay men, that does not believe they will automatically want to be together.

I'm glad I never watched those.

• Members

I can't watch those (I can't watch people spend hours on bad jokes about how everything in a decade was stupid and worthless, especially when quite a few of the "comedians" can barely read their lines), but I always had a soft spot for Michael Ian Black from his old Comedy Central days, like Viva Variety, and the show before that (blanking on the title). He was also good in Wet Hot American Summer.

• Members

I like MIB, but sometimes he could grate a bit. I am kind of interested in reading his book with Meghan McCain, though, which I've

skimmed through at bookstores before (America, You Sexy Bitch--and despite being a hardcore Democrat, I mostly like Meghan and have enjoyed her interviews in the past).

• Members

My last SATC-related UO (I swear): I'd have much rather that they'd have greenlit that 80s Gossip Girl spinoff of the future Lily van der Woodsen over the retcon of an SATC prequel that they're trying to make happen. Haven't seen an episode, but hearing about Carrie's absentee father (which was the theme of a Season 5 episode) being present in teen Carrie's life is enough for me to not even bother (despite the temptation of that catchy Adam Ant song in the trailer). I would've loved to have seen Lily and Carol Rhoades partying it up in 80s LA/the Valley, as well as teen William van der Woodsen and young adult Rufus Humphrey.

• Members

Dancing With The Stars: Show is overrated.

American Idol: People that can really "sang" are overlooked i.e., Jennifer Hudson, others are picked as winners.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians: I like the show, and Kim Kardashian--not a fan, per se, but I like her.

Braxton Family Values: I love the show, I'm a fan of the Braxtons.

• Members

Same here and I'll even go a step further and say that Tamar is my favorite precisely because she is entertaining as hell. Since I don't have to deal with her in real life, I'm fine in cracking up at her and the family shenanigans.

Another BFV UO: I take issue with the tone that the show takes with the men that are featured on it. Daddy Braxton is an infidel, Andre is a lazy bum, Vince is verbally abusive, and Gabe is a ho - are there not any positive men that they can feature? (Yes, I know that they've shown Brother Michael and Keri a time or two, but they don't balance out the presence of the other men, IMO.)

• Members

I never watched any of the Braxton shows but Ive seen her in interviews and I cant stand Tamar. She is irritating as hell and the type of bitch Id hate in real life.. She does however make for some hilarious gifs and I think I only enjoy those bc no sound comes out of her mouth

tumblr_mh7ul5rT8Z1s09s9yo1_400.gif

tumblr_mgunh5vDLe1qdrhzqo1_500.gif

AWFUL WEAVE.COM

tumblr_ma1hsd3SjI1rc8xd6o1_500.gif

tumblr_lyivyzq1uV1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

braxton-hotmess.gif

tumblr_md122dXuZ11qbh0eio1_500.gif

Archived