All: Soaps & Real Life Pregnancies

• Members

I wouldn't have thought of it, as I always assume all this stuff is common knowledge. But there are some things I didn't know, and it's always a fun way to kill time to come up with these lists.

AW - Judi Evans got pregnant and so they wrote in a pregnancy for Paulina. This led to several years of story over not being able to lose baby weight.

GL - Maeve Kinkead's first pregnancy as Vanessa was not written in, and she was vamping all the way to her last trimester. She was temporarily replaced by Anna Stuart. I think she had another pregnancy which may have been written in.

GL - Kim ZImmer was pregnant several times and I think one of them was written in (when she had Shayne).

Doctors - Kim ZImmer was pregnant; I don't think it was written in, but I'm not sure.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R - Amelia Heinle, pregnant, written in (she was in a coma for months after giving birth - the infamous pebble falling on her head); she was pregnant again a few years later, and this wasn't written in.

Y&R - I can't remember but I think they had a pregnancy story for Lauren when Tracey Bregman Recht was pregnant, which was cut short when Tracey miscarried.

• Members

AW - Jensen Buchanan was pregnant in 1994 and they made Vicky pregnant as well. Vicky went on the run. Jensen only agreed to return to the show if she wouldn't have to play Marley anymore. This led Vicky to return in a complex baby switch story. In 1996, Jensen was pregnant again, but Vicky was not. She fled town to get away from psycho Grant, the father of her youngest child.

ATWT - Colleen Zenk Pinter had two or three pregnancies. The first, in the early 80's, wasn't written in. Around 1989, Barbara was - badly! - hidden behind various items, and then fled town when her husband learned of her lies in the baby Will saga that also involved HBS Margo's maternity leave a few years previous. When she returned from maternity leave, Barbara was now pregnant, even though Colleen had just had her baby. I think there was another pregnancy in there too, in real life, but I can't remember if she was pregnant when Barbara was pregnant with Will, in 1992/3.

GL - Lenore Kasdorf was several months pregnant when they chose to make Rita Bauer pregnant. She left the show for a while and returned to wrap up her story before going on maternity leave. She had to play abduction, miscarriage, and aftermath hospital scenes, all while near the end of her pregnancy.

B&B - Hunter Tylo had one or two children in the 90's. I don't think any of the pregnancies were written in (I know Taylor gave birth to Thomas and then the twins, but I don't think Tylo was pregnant at those points). Of course, Tylo had the lawsuit against Aaron Spelling as she claimed she was fired from Melrose Place due to pregnancy.

B&B - Lauren Koslow had a child in the late 80's and her character Margo did too. I can't remember if these coincided.

Passions - Mackenzie Westmore left on maternity leave (her character was not pregnant) and was replaced by Shannon Sturges.

• Members

Susan was pregnant during Erica's abortion storyline and miscarried about 4 months in. She wrote in her book about people confusing her with Erica and saying things to her about having an abortion when she was grieving the loss of a baby she wanted.

She was pregnant with Liza when Erica was pregnant by Phil Brent. Erica miscarried but was convinced she was still pregnant and was in the hospital a lot. I think she was later sent to a mental institution to recover from her hysterical pregnancy. They cut a hole in the mattress of the hospital bed so her belly wouldn't stick out as much and then covered her with pillows and half-eaten boxes of chocolates.

She was pregnant with Andreas when Erica was married to Tom. She was about five months along when Erica opened a disco. I'm not sure how far along she was in the infamous birth control pill scenes with Tom, but my husband (who does not watch the show), walked into the room when I was watching this episode on SoapNet and immediately said, "Wow - is she pregnant or something?" I can't remember what they did with Erica when she went on maternity leave with Andreas.

• Members

I'm just in awe of your knowledge bank. smile.png

Was Jensen pregnant when they shot that black and white ER opening? She looked it. Her face was fatter and her shots were all close up like she had her arms crossing over her body.

AMC's Julia Barr was pregnant with Allison Hirschlag (Lizzie, GL) when Brooke was pregnant with Laura in 1984.

• Members

I think Jensen was pregnant at that time, yes.

Rita McLaughlin (Carol, ATWT) was pregnant around 1980 or 1981 but not onscreen, as her character couldn't have children.

I remember a lot of confusion over Marcy Walker in 1998 or so, as some thought she "looked" pregnant, and then this was around the time of the stories where she was pregnant several times (the 1997 miscarriage, then 5-6 months later, that artificial insemination story that was so ghastly).

• Members

Y&R:

Melody Thomas Scott in 1982 and 1988, thus Nikki having Victoria and Nicholas.

Tracey Bregman in 1991, thus Lauren having Scott Jr.

Eileen Davidson in 2003, thus Ashley being pregnant with the late Robert.

Marcy Rylan in 2011, not written in the show.

Hunter Tylo was pregnant in real-life with her 2nd daughter when Taylor was pregnant with Thomas; she was pregnant with her 1st daughter when she was fired from Melrose Place and sued Aaron Spelling.

Lauren Koslow was pregnant in real-life when Margo was pregnant with Mark; her son played Mark. Lauren's 2nd pregnancy in 1990 was not written in to the show.

• Members

A few more for GL

Beth Ehlers two pregnancies equaled Harley having Zach and Jude.

Liz Keifer's second pregnancy was written in so Blake had her Christmas baby Clarissa.

Maeve Kinkead's second pregnancy was when Billy and Vanessa got married, and it wasn't written in, but Vanessa had a huge bouquet.

• Members

Fat and pregnant Tracey lying in a kiddie pool in her back yard is one of those SOD pictures I have for whatever reason never forgotten.

Kelly also stopped dyeing her hair whilst pregnant and got back to her roots, so to speak.

That's hilarious.

• Members

I guess this really is a girl thing laugh.png . I love stuff like this, it's fun, and I've learned a lot just as this thread has grown.

A few more names:

Terri Conn, ATWT: Pregnant with daughter Julia--I saw that Katie was pregnant a few times, did her pregnancy coincide with one of Katie's?

Sarah Brown, GH: Pregnant with daughter Jordan; Carly had had Michael months before this, though.

She won her second Emmy while pregnant; her acceptance speech started with her joking about her water breaking.

Crystal Chappell, GL: Both of her pregnancies with sons Jacob and Dylan were when she was on GL; I think only her second was written into the show (when Olivia had Emma).

Robin Christopher, GH: Both of her pregnancies with her kids August and Gianna were while she was on GH; only her second was written in; Gianna played Skye's daughter Lila Rae as a baby.

Archived