All: Soaps & Real Life Pregnancies

• Members

I wondered for a long time if that's why Maura left the show.

Colleen was very noticeably pregnant in some later 1989 episodes, and they hid this horribly. She was wearing maternity clothes, huge ugly corduroy dress/jumper things - Barbara never would have worn those.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RE: Laura Wright on GL: Didn't she go into false labor at one point and got replaced by Laura Stepp? This was when Cassie was married to Richard and living in San Cristobel. I remember Stepp being softer looking than Wright which for a short term actress was ok. But Cassie was a stripper and that's what I like about Wright's portrayal of Cassie she was always tough and had a rough around the edges look. Something Nicole Forrester couldn't pull off.

• Members

what I hated about the Proctor and Gamble soaps is that they seemed to always write in the actress' pregnancy. Well not all the time, but most of them. GL and ATWT had a whole litter of youngsters in the last 15 years and it got hard to keep track of

• Members

While I'm sure Maura wanted to have time to adjust to being a first time mother, I also believe her then husband was behind them moving to the west coast, and she obviously couldn't do both.

They've come a long way in dressing pregnant actress.

I'm not sure if Laura Wright went into false labor....but Beth Ehlers had some kind of complications and had to be replaced early with Hayley Barr, ex-Courtney Dixon ATWT. That was really the only acting she's done since leaving ATWT.

• Members

Was SuLu about to go on maternity leave at the time the disco failed(or whatever)? I seem to recall her there whining to Mona about the disco ending or something. For some reason I thought I noticed how large she was and she was wearing some mumu thing.

I personally could barely tell Minshew was preggers! She's so skinny..

Archived