All: Soaps & Real Life Pregnancies

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tari Signor, OLTL--Although Margaret forced herself on Todd/Victor to become pregnant, Signor herself was already quite pregnant when she shot those scenes.

Kathy Brier, OLTL--When Marcie recently came back for a brief visit, she was very pregnant with her second child, as Brier was very pregnant herself with her first (her son was born about a month ago).

• Members

I think she's only been pregnant twice (she has two sons). This is the scene I was talking about on the first page (probably the same one you're talking about, too). It's 1991, so she would've been pregnant with her oldest son Hank. I'd seen this months before, not actually thinking about LH being pregnant herself. Knowing that she was now makes me wonder how difficult this must have been for her to shoot sad.png .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyI6xptd1Gk

• Members

ATWT - Lisa Loring conceived a child with her then-partner, Doug Stevenson (SFT), and they wrote in a pregnancy for her character, Cricket.

Several years later, Anne Sward got pregnant, and they made her character on the show (Lyla) pregnant. Her little girl played Lyla's daughter for several years.

• Members

LMAO! They sure didn't. And Pratt gave AM some of her hardest work while pregnant, w/the Who Killed Stuart S/L and when he had Kendall on the run & kidnapped w/Aiden. What a horrid story. And I'm STILL trying to find the scenes where they had her sprinting around the yacht club, trying to hide from the cops. LOL (it was during the Stuart story). Her pregnant belly was out & proud and dancing with the wind outside ;-O

If they wrote her pregnancy into Kendall's story the baby would've been Ryan's! Dodged that bullet, though it maybe could've been interesting with Ryan/Erica being together. Kendall wasn't even bothered by them though (which I will never understand).

Yep, what a bizarre addition to the story. It was just ridic! Good casting though.

• Members

Didn't they write in 3 of Rebecca Herbst's pregnancies onto the show? Wasn't Becky pregnant in RL, thereby the show wrote in Liz pregnant with Jake? then she was pregnant in RL, and Luza decided to write Liz being pregnant with Aiden.

Knowing Prass it probably would have been, but there was a 50/50 chance if she had been it'd have been Zach's ;)

Kendall was squicked out by them, as were most of us LOL :lol:

• Members

With one of Colleen Zenk's pregnancies, I swear they didn't write it in because I remember Lisa making a comment to Barbara at Fashions about Babs having a few too many bon-bons or something like that. I remember it because it a pretty funny way of addressing it back then (pre-Hunter Tylo lawsuit). I recall Margaret Reed (Shannon) talking about the discrimination women faced if they got preggers (losing their jobs) and that the soaps, ironically, were terrible for women who wanted to have children before that case.

I'm still blown away that only one of Maura's five pregnancies resulted in a child for Carly. I'll tell you I recently rewatched the scenes where she lost Nora after "falling" from the boat and they are amazing. I don't know how Maura was able to separate herself from them - especially since it was her first child.

Archived