OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 14

• Members

I'm usually not a fan of this notion, but I think Jessica needs to be recast in order to shake the stink of some of these s/l bombs. No more alters, a nice long break, a fresh new start, and no more alters. Make her more like Megan.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last few days have been pretty good. I thought it really nice Tina and Cord remarried. Yeah, the entire thing has been done in fast forward but it seems to work. All the stuff at the airport with Gigi, Rex, Brody, John and Natalie worked too for me. I don't mind Ford really. If I can get over Clint's lack of judgment I can do the same for Ford. I don't remember, was Nora ever a contemporary character with Cord? I can't think of any time they ever actually shared a story.

• Members

Bree's a lousy actress, IMO. She's consistently failed at what they give her, and this is the material she supposedly wanted. She only seemed to work in the early stages of the Tess story.

I know Higley ruined Jessica's childhood, but the bits and pieces I've seen of her writing for Jessica are about 500 times better than anything in the last few years.

• Members

I suppose it wasn't quite as jokey as Jess and her alters have been since (and the fact they seemed to think to give her a new type of story from her alters stories they'd egress her to a teen--essentially another alter seems to prove how little diversity they feel they have for the character). I think Bree's tolerable and sometimes quite good--by no means a great actress, but I still think the writing is hard to play even if she says she likes it.

Quartemaine fan, Nora commenting about how she "knows that look on Cord's face" etc seemed odd to me too. They certainly must have shared SOME scenes in the early 90s but I don't remember any sort of relationship--even as very casual friends.

• Members

My problem with Cutter's sob story ihe just got his sister locked up--and now we're meant to believe all his life he would try to reunite wit her? Speaking of, is the American penal systm that screwed up? Doesn't Kim get a phone call, a lawyer, a trial--or can she only mail one lousy letter? David seemed to have more accessibility when he was in Morocco...

• Members

Nora knew Cord from 1993-1997 through her relationship with Bo. They weren't super close but they were fond of each other, and most of the family had bonding moments like Alex's infamous Egyptian wedding.

Nothing about this character has ever made any sense. He and Aubrey are textbooks for how not to create a character.

By the way, I put a TV by Day recap page in the cancelled soaps section. It includes, I think, a recap for AMC or OLTL from late 1974.

• Members

You should try to watch some of the 1996 stuff, if you don't fall asleep from it. They tried to make Cord the hard businessman and it really did not work at all.

All this stuff with Cutter just makes his need to try to get the Buchanan fortune even more nonsensical. So he just assaulted a mentally ill woman for kicks.

• Members

Cord was in Badderly.

After Badderly, Johnny Dee was killed, Tina was pregnant, and eventually they learned the baby was Cord's. Cord and Tina remarried. They settled down to normal life, but Cord was presumed dead at the end of that year (1991), while trying to save Jake in Jaba City. Cord stayed "dead" for about a year and a half, while Tina moved on with Cain. He was in a prison camp, and broke out in spring 1993. Tina's heart was with Cain. Cord had PTSD, a story that was clearly too much for OLTL to handle, so they dropped it. He was close to fake evangelist Angela Holiday, then seemed to fall for Luna, and then became Blair's savior. After that ended, they had him sort of with Tina again, and then Tina left. Finally Cord became involved with a businesswoman named Olivia, not realizing that her alter ego, Cameron, went around naked in the woods to entice Joey. Dorian had hired her to break up Joey/Kelly and destroy BE. After this was exposed, Cord left town.

Archived