OLTL: Discussion for the week of November 14

• Members

In fairness, the "baby David tried to kill Renee" thing was an offhand joke in the writing. I don't think they were ever really trying to seriously say, "oh my God, David was this demon baby." It was a reflection of how much the Buchanan dynasty viewed David as an outsider and a threat to their power, given his larcenous history.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since they spent over a year telling viewers that David was evil and was going to destroy everyone, yet could only show that his biggest crime was chewing scenery, I just assumed he must have gone on murderous rampages as a baby, probably flipping Renee's wig as the first sign.

• Members

Why was Shane at some camp during the Fall anyway? I guess it could be through school, but it looked like they just shipped him off (weeks after he tried to kill Jack?? Maybe music camp was a psychiatric camp lol).

A bit surprised they haven't given Gigi a parent from OLTL's past. I do kinda agree with Carl, that it does seem to be something RC is obsessed with and mostly we've never had ANY pay off from it. Didn't Alex just do two episodes--or will she try to get Kim out of jail?

• Members

I guess you could say that PP changed the plans and pushed Clint/Viki back together, although I think that might have happened no matter what. It's just odd to bring Kim back and then say, "Viki is Clint's great love."

If they wanted a way out for Kim they should have had her confess her crimes to Clint and Clint would help her start a new life under a new name and identity.

• Members
I dont think anything was changed. Kim only derailed the issue but they have been hinting at Clint/Viki long before she came back on the show. I never beleived she was back for Clint and what we got with her thrust into the Cutter/Aubrey/Rama/Vimal mess is where she was intende to fit.

Resolve her dangling plotline and make sense of the Aubrey/Rama/Cutter secret although as typical per RC' that only made a bigger mess of things. Also she was obviously used to usher Stacey/Gigi back on the show and that was tying into another dangling plotline

• Members

It's just odd to me because Clint/Kim was the only reason anyone wanted her back. No one cared about the halycon days of Kim/Stacy, and the confusing relationship with Cookie Cutter, who claims to care about her but who blackmailed her and happily sent her to prison, is a waste of airtime.

• Members

Which was a waste of bringing her back IMHO if that's true.

(Awkward dialogue, I guess they didn't want Destiny to refer to her baby as "it", or he or her but when she keeps calling it "they" it sounds like she's having twins...)

And Aubrey has secret stashes of money apparently too--unless these flights to Rio are some sort of uber cheap discount.

• Members

I know I'm not.

I knew that Viki would get Clint at the end of it all, but I at least wanted to see some story between the 3, and more Clint/Kim scenes. They didn't even need Kim for this, they could have revealed whatever they are going to reveal with Stacy/Gigi via flashbacks. A total waste of return.

Archived