DAYS: Leading Actor Possibly Leaving

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess after the stories with Nicole and Victor, Gil and Arianne could have their own sparkle. Up next - Ray McDonnell as the new Mike Horton.

Unless Shawn raped someone he's not on the list. Since that must be the criteria in suggesting TSJ (who has nothing else in common with EJ) we should run with it.

But Frank Parker can be the new Tony and Andre smile.png

• Members

See they completely wasted Jay Kenneth Johnson on his last stint on Days. I am not saying hes a lead but he should have had a larger profile on this show and Phillip should have been a business adversary for EJ versus Melanie's purseholder.

They can recast Kyle Lowder as EJ,AZ's reallife husband

• Members

Just as long as they don't try to recast Stefano with Ronn Moss.

When Sheffer was writing the show he wrote Phillip and EJ as the same character, minus the rape-is-love storyline. So Phillip was being built up in this vein for a while. I'm not sure what changed it.

• Members

James Scott is probably the only reason EJ has lasted and been center piece of the show for the last five years. Scott always delivers and remains convincing but the character itself is a mess. I loved EJ when he first began, shaking it up with Sami, Kate, and even Billie. He was refreshing and sharp. But then came the sexual coercing(in other words rape) story and the Santo crapola that destroyed the character completely. Since then we've had to deal with EJ being either good or bad in a vicious cycle. EJ has been a mess for a couple years now his obsessions with Sami and Nicole have gotten out of hand. His schemes--kidnapping and faking Sydney's death and then faux Rafe are extreme. I liked his rivalry with Rafe initially until we the ridiculous Faux Rafe. Too bad that EJ and Arianna never happened because both Scott and Hartley had great chemistry with each other and probably could have given both characters something different to do.

Had certain misogynistic writers like Sheffer not made so many early mistakes and had the writing been more consistent I think EJ could have a been either a great anti-hero or multi-layered villain.

I'd rather have EJ simply leave town, maybe go off to reconnect with Susan or something like that. We really don't need another murder mystery given EJ's already been at the center of two mysteries already.

• Members

LOL ain't that the truth.

I hope James Scott sticks around, you mark my words, John, Marlena, Carrie, Austin and Jack cannot and will not be able to carry this show for more than a few months.

Joe Mascolo, Lauren Koslow, John Aniston and Suzanne Rogers deserve a medal for carrying this show on their backs for the last two years...and Alison Sweeney, James Scott and Arianne Zuker deserve honorable mentions too, when the writing served them, those three flew.

Archived