DAYS: Leading Actor Possibly Leaving

• Members

I actually liked him tons better on AMC once they got him away from the succubus of Kendall. He and Simone were delightful together. But he worked on a Sheffer and Higley Days very well. EJ was exactly the type of male character both HW's love or they loved that he could play what they made him.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The difference between Deidre Hall and Drake Hogestyn and James Scott is that neither of them were written as the centre of the show for the last few years up until they left. The show is so built around EJ at the moment, there aren't any backup leading me, no source of conflict for Sami and Nicole, Stefano will lose his relevance...this is the show's fault, they built too much around one character.

• Members

A storyline with Carrie and Sarah Brown that hasn't even hit the air yet. Chad, who I think is a great character played by a great actor, is a glorified extra at this point in a ludicrous 'teen' storyline.

Yeah...John "That's a Fact" Black and his Velveeta levels of cheese and Austin "Patrick Muldoon: Crypt Keeper" Reed with his burned out looks, voice and acting ability. These two are played out relics of the mid 1990s.

But Jack? Jack is about as much a leading man as Barnie Rubble. He's an absolutely JOKE of a character. The veritable class clown and permanent loser. He is so polarizing.

I'll never argue with that, Renee Jones is long overdue for a front burner, back to bitch, storyline. And I always love a recurring appearance by Celeste.

But most importantly, by losing EJ, the canvas loses its only antagonist. We don't have any real villains onscreen, Stefano's a more benevolent dictator, Kate's a diva and Victor's gagga for Maggie.

Brady and Chad are the only hope for this show.

• Members

The point is Sami and EJ are not sharing story and haven't since the whole Rafe2 debacle. Its not that I don't feel JS leaving is a loss but I think this show could benefit with a breather from him. This show has been stifling the past few years with nonstop EJ/Nicole/Sami. THey could always bring him back down the road. Stefano or Nicole do not need to be dependent on EJ for stories with a creative writing team and they could elevate the focus around Chad. This show has long suffered from neglecting their younger characters. Its why they have to resort to bringing back fan faves from years back. I'm sorry I just dont find any one character irreplacable.

• Members

N B is already trying to get them to hire TSJ as a new EJ. Since there is apparently only one criteria for recasting, I suggest:

Bronson Pickett

Matt Ashford in a dual role

Michael Sabatino

Tony Geary

and last, but certainly not least...Gil Rogers.

Archived