DAYS: Leading Actor Possibly Leaving

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show worked hard over the past 5 years to make this character the center piece of the show (along with Sami). While I don't have much use for him, this will be a blow to the show, since so much is built around the character.

I vote death though. Maybe Sami and Nicole can do to him what Chrissie/Sam/Zoe did to Den Watts on EastEnders?

• Members

I think the character has needed a break for some time. I would have put him on a break after the story with the shooting and Johnny's cancer and all that, instead of giving him the scarf silliness with Taylor. I actually thought that things were turning a corner now with, potentially, stronger writing, and a better defined character. But I certainly can't blame him for leaving. He's gorgeous, charismatic, a decent enough actor - there's no reason why a show like Game of Thrones or Spartacus shouldn't hire him.

The biggest problem is there are no backup leading men. EJ never should have been a leading man, but a lot of the others have been a struggle. I like Brady but he's so poorly defined and a bit off. I don't hate Rafe, but he is crap with Sami and he's dull.

• Members

Terrible news.

DAYS is devolving faster than I could have imagined, James Scott is a terrific actor and though EJ has been written very messily he is an important part of the canvas.

I wonder if Arianne Zuker won't be following him out the door...unless they put her into a triangle with Brady and Madison.

• Members

The three ladies all confronted him and made his daughter Sharon (his weak spot) turn against him. He attacked them in a rage and one of them hit him over the head (it's more complicated than that but basically he then died and was buried in the basement).

Archived