What rare episodes/clips do you want to see pop up on youtube?

• Members

Okay, so after all this talk about the lost early AMC and OLTL episodes of the 60's/70's. I thought it would be fun to discuss what certain episodes or clips from different soaps you wish were on youtube but are not at the moment?

For Y&R, i pretty much wish any episode that wasn't in my own classic collection was released on youtube, particular 1994-1995 clips or episodes (besides Nick and Sharon's entire 1995 storyline) Of course any 70's or 80's episodes would be welcomed but as far as we know, unfortunately they are all locked in the vault somewhere in CBS (at least there saved)

I think people would agree that there are not enough Sally clips from B&B. Minus the stuff with her and Stephanie (which is always fun) I don't believe there are entire clips devoted just to Sally, and if they are they are in a different language. I would also like to see more of Macy and Thornes early storylines. Especially ones that involved that Sly character. I really don't think there are a lot of clips with him on it, so i want to see more clips of that since he seemed like he was on a lot and just curiosity on his character.

Finally for Passions, I know every episode from super channel so far is on youtube, but I wish that the original NBC broadcasts from 1999-2001 were available some how. I just prefer the "original" original episodes. If you can find tones of classic clips of other soap from the 80's and early 90's online and from their original channels, It shocks me that a soap only starting in 1999 has no original broadcats saved, unless they are not yet released. but im just tired of the sci fi CTV and super channel ones being the only ones available.

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to see from AMC Palmer's big party with Daisy, Ross raping Natalie and the episodes surrounding it, and this one episode I will never forget where Erica was in the powder room somewhere and through the entire episode the rest of the female cast paraded in one by one and she fought with every single one of them. It was funny.

• Members

I would love some more late 60-early 70s DAYS. I haven't seen ONE Susan Flannery episode of DAYS yet and it's driving me nuts!

Earlier eps of the Doctors would be excellent as well, and of course ANY Where The Heart Is. I agree that more 70s GL and Y&R would be fantastic, especially anything with Roger. The Dobson era of GL is high on my must-see list.

• Members

I'm interested in seeing The Edge Of Night episodes beginning with Nicole being stalked by Stephanie Martin (I think this began in 1969), through 1980-I was 5 or 6 when I started watching in 1977-78 and have vague memories of everything between then and 1980. I'm also interested in Guiding Light episodes throughout the 70's, which includes Roger Thorpe from the beginning, the original Holly, and the character of Leslie. Also desperate to see all of Gl's lost opening and closing sequences.

• Members

Definitely the 70's Days of Our Lives. Would especially like to see the episode where Julie broke up with Doug, and Addie dropped by the same night and proposed to Doug, who accepted. In my memory, I'm pretty sure that happened on the same episode but it would be nice to know for certain.

• Members

Wish the conclusion of the Clown Puppet Murder episodes were available. Outrageous that PGP pulled from AOL during the middle of storyline. Of course, it's a real shame that so many PGP episodes are likely in a vault - I'm sure that includes ones that were scrubbed by the network. Isn't it ironic that nearly every Dark Shadows episode was saved because Dan Curtis decided to film them. It's an incredible DVD series.

• Members

I really want to see more AW episodes on YouTube. While many clips can be found, so few full-length episodes of that soap have been put up (excluding the 1991-92 episodes posted by TeleNext). (On the other hand, there seems to be tons of ATWT and GL episodes on YouTube.)

Archived