AMC Tuesday, August 23, 2011

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Technically no. Now, please sit down before reading this one... Jesse, while dead and ushering Gillian around the afterlife in her mission to let Ryan know that Chris Stamp was his father (even though it ended up he wasn't) was around Tad & Dixie a lot. He saved Tad from being hung by Leslie Coulson, turned back time and everything. And now he's alive. Dixie's alive, and hell even Gilian who has no more heart and a giant hole in her head may be too. Dagnabbit.

And ITA with the poster who said MEK reminds them of John Ritter. I always thought he would be a nice "father" type on a sitcom. Like the one Ritter had when he died.

Thanks, Carl. I just noticed the the YouTube clip seems to be the same one I did for my site. Someone "borrowed' it. LOL

• Members

I actually think Minshew has a beautiful face but I agree with you thato ver the years wardrobe has stuck her in ill fitted dresses and other odd choices which seem to elongate her already tall frame. They should stick her in some flats and try to do something to highlight some curves to her body. I think some short dresses, skinny jeans and some dressy tops would help add some flair to Kendell. It seems most of the time they just stick her in an odd dress and say to hell with it and push her in front of the camera.

I actually love the spiral curls they have her hair in. It really brings out her eyes a lot and her eyes are the most beautiful thing about her face, she really does look like a beautiful doll not unlike Vivian Leigh and it works great for her in photos. I do agree on the length though she should cut it so it can frame her face better.

I agree. It is so odd to me that Krystal has survived doing nothing for the better part of seven years yet they killed Babe and then virtually brought her back as Marissa. lol. Krystal only works as a supporting character and the writers have seemed to have lost sight on who to have her support so she is virtually just useless. They wrote her into a corner as soon as they changed the purpose of the character. She was originally supposed to be a neglectful scheming mother who didn't care about her child. Basically like Greenlee and Haylee's mothers combined in a way. But as soon as they cast Eakes' who was known for her role as sweet heroine Macy they turned her into supportive super mom. I think if nothing else Eakes is a very warm actress who is very maternal. I think Eakes does that brilliantly you really do feel that she loves her children for all of her messed up qualities she does want the best for them. You never questioned her love for Babe for instance. I think there is something about Bobbie that makes you feel something for her, but yeah as Krystal she was at her best when paired with Babe. Once they recasted the actress and later killed the character of Babe off she was useless. They really ran with her though, no one could say the writers didn't try. They paired her up with every male above around her age range and gave her the trifecta (Adam, Tad, David) during her time on the show.

• Members

Its unfortunate the writers became so lost with the character and in the process made her virtually useless, because Eakes is such a powerhouse of an actress whose talents have been wasted grossly the last 2 or 3 years. Her last slew of good material was the months after Babe died and her turning to David. I think she probably is the most talented actress on AMC currently next to Morgan.

• Members

To be fair, if some crazy doc was bringing people back from the dead amongst my circle of friends, our conversation would be main about him. That said, I'm tired of it too. While contrived I DID really like the bringing up about babies, etc, with shots of Maya watching in the background.

Angie was around during JR's birth I believe though I can't even remember if it was recast Angie or not--prob it was at the end of Debbi's run, but not sure...But otherwise they weren't close. Still, I did like that they actually reacted to seeing each other just as that's been missing.

Dixie and Amanda were relatively close--didn't little Amanda play with Jamie and maybe JR as a kid quite a bit? And Diie was (to a not huge extent) part of that whole Trevor/Janet orbit when Janet came back recast.

I LOVE when they aknowledge Angie's history on Loving/The City, it always surprises me. Even though Cassandra did appear on AMC too, it was nice that they mentioned about her finding her abandoned on the streets of New York on The City--I remember those scenes so well (actually I still have them on tape somewhere...)

• Members

Dixie should have had a line about Jesse as a ghost saving Tad's life during that stupid 2000-2001 Jean Passanante penned ghosts of Pine Valley storyline... Though I'm not sure if Dixie was on the show at the time (I think so though, because didn't Jean bring back Leslie Coulson to seduce Tad from Dixie?)

• Members

As much as I'm liking the story less and less (I was even ok with him saving two people), I could see the writers thinking it was a fun tribute (again even if I disagree) for fans, to bring back a bunch of dead characters for the finale. But now that the PP deal is happening, even if half the cast doesn't go over, it makes me all the more annoyed--it would make sense if the PP (apparently) demanded rewrites actually dropped the story, if that makes sense. Again I don't think spending time on this story for the final month makes sense either way, but I could see someone thinking it was a nice gift ending to fans.

As it stands I want them to just tell us who's still alive like THIS WEEK and get the whole thing over with and even if I'm annoyed about who might be alive or not, then deal with more real Pine Valley interactions for the final month. But I have a feeling that won't happen.

Gotta love missing Jenny. And the fact that Cathy excitedly invited Dixie to the party, and then spent all the time in the kitchen or upstairs or something... And was it a girls only party? I thought it was a party kinda for Dixie but aside from Jake's scene *exciting* the party (which makes me assume he spent some time there wolfing down the nonexistant pie or something, in scenes we didn't see, since those ladies sure weren't eating despite Krystal's claims) . And Dixie isn't even the hostess but was constantly leaving the room to get (never seen) orange juice, and then coffee... LOL *that* said, and despite the David talk, I did enjoy seeing a bunch of the characters just sitting around in a realistic setting, chatting.

I don't hate it quite as much as that, but I get your point. That said at least we're getting SOME good character scenes and stuff (OK not really in the last week--I blame Zack :P ). Broderick has made characters I disliked like Jake, likeable. But it does seem like things have regressed, quickly, and due solely to this story.

• Members

WHen she came back last year things vastly improved--and I think, while I didn't hate the K&S writing like some (mostly I found it dull, but thought this Spring was pretty good) she also improved the show her first few weeks back now too, mainly just in making character motivation more clear and realistic, characters less black and white, and good dialogue/interaction scenes--even stories like Janerica became much more deep as soon as she took over. But yes, it was a lofty goal to hold her to, and I admit I'm guilty of that (particularly since Agnes is apparently involved too).

And it is true that Broderick has a weakness for having supervillains, something that's always annoyed me about her runs, as much as I do think, out of past HWs who could still be brought back to work at AMC, she is still the best choice.

I think it is a combo of having to wrap things up in such a short time, and other issues, which has brought out many of her biggest weaknesses. I sound like I'm making excuses for her, and maybe I am, and I admit I don't hate the story quite as much as many on here. But...

Archived