B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think part of the problem is that people just aren’t interested in scrambling to catch up on a show with 30+ years of history, especially not now when today’s tech has left everyone with such short attention spans. I knew about B&B and had even seen an episode or two but didn’t commit to watching full time for years for that very reason. It wasn’t that the stories weren’t interesting, it was just so much easier to find something else to watch on Netflix I could easily enjoy from the first season without all the hassle of trying to figure out who was who and who had already done what.

Making the classic reruns available on YouTube is a smart move I think. New viewers will probably be a lot more willing to give the show a chance now - if they’re smart about advertising it. I really don’t know why it wasn’t done sooner.

• Members

I hope it goes on until (at least) late 1995! Then we still have almost (99%) everything in German for 1996-1999 (still 7 missing episodes in 1999) in case they stop it. 2005-2020 are now complete and 2000-2004 are already well filled in English or German, despite a few gaps and not so good quality (but I can live with that

Please register in order to view this content

) So, 1992-1995 in English would be awesome, but yeah I count my blessings. I'd have been happy with 10% of what we have in the vault.

I could never thank you guys enough for everything you're doing. Special thanks to @rsclassicfanforever for the 1990s episodes and @BoldRestless and [email protected] for the German missing episodes from 2005-2009.

I'm also very pleased to see SHEILA is back. I just hope they don't humiliate her character like they did in 2017. They need to pick a side with her. Either they redeem her, make her a nice, transformed person who learnt from her mistakes, she surprises everyone and comes on top. Or they make her the full-blown supervillain she used to be.... She wreacks havoc and terrorizes everyone like she did during her run in 2002-2003. If she can make Steffy's life a nightmare and snatch Eric away from Quinn in the process, I won't complain, LOL. Just don't make her a cartoonish, brainless character who pretends "she has changed" like they did 4 years ago. There are already enough hypocrites on this show. Besides I find the Dr. Finnegan dull as hell until now, Sheila will definitely make him and the story more interesting. Also they'll have to respect Sheila's history and not rewrite everything. Explain the circumstances/timing of his birth, and more flashbacks and hints of her reigns of terror and her times with Eric. They can do better than 2017. Anyway I'm happy they brought her back but I'll restrain my expectations for now. I'm happy to see so many Sheila fans in this discussion. We should all like Sheila OR love to hate her. People who don't care (or are totally opposed to her comeback), aren't true B&B fans, IMO.

• Members

I agree with all this! My dream would be to have episodes in English up until late 1995. A huge Thank you to all the angels!

As for Sheila, I have said before that she is a character with a lot of range. It is ALMOST impossible to write her out of character because she is a character who has a very unpredictable nature and is likely to do almost anything. BUT there is exactly ONE way she can be ruined by out of character writing, and that is the route they decided to go with her last time: not taking the character seriously.

Sheila works as a psycho villain. Sheila works as a manipulator. Sheila works as an ex-convict trying to redeem herself. Sheila even works as a mother, in her own obsessive way. But Sheila does NOT work as a joke. The whole "oooh, scary, wink wink, nudge nudge" they did last time, with the exaggerated use of ominous music cues, dramatic closeups and villainous laughs, followed by Sheila just acting like an average busybody, completely ruins the character's dark appeal.

• Members

if they came from the Vault this is not good! I hope perople won't stop shareing becouse of this

Please register in order to view this content

BTW CBS are going to upload the S1 episodes both on the site and youtube. May be if they get to S2/S3 and so one some good soul will download from the CBS.com site with better quality than the ones on youtube. Keeping fingers crossed! 

AND A HUGE THANK YOU AGAIN OT ALL ANGELS!