B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Does anyone know where I can find an accurate list of original US air dates that correspond with episode numbers? I’ve been using a spreadsheet for the current episodes (each tab at the bottom is for a different year), and I’m modifying it to keep track of what’s already been added to the vault. I’m making it for personal use, but we could add it to the vault if you all like it. I want to expand it to include the earlier episodes, but I can’t find a good resource online. IMDb is the closest I can get, but a lot of the dates are off.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JellyBean

• Members

@JellyBeanthat spreadsheet is so SLICK, I can't believe you color coordinated and put the logo too, that looks so professional! I would love if you uploaded it to the vault.

I have asked about this before and the problem with imdb is that there were a lot of pre-emptions during the summer of 1987 for the Iran-Contra Hearings, so that sort of messes up the dates and episode numbers from the start. I know a lot of people have tried but I don't think there is a fully confirmed list out there. Even for Y&R, we only have estimates for the dates (check out here, as of episode #3597: http://www.feuxdelamour.com/guide.pdf ) and of course we don't know if they were always preempted on the same days. If you check out the Cancelled Soaps section here, there's a thread where someone has been doing this for ATWThttps://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/56094-as-the-world-turns-full-episode-list/ 

Another resource is the Bell Script Archive which lists the dates and episode numbers on the scripts (I think this is how the Y&R guide was compiled) as of episode #83: http://pdf.oac.cdlib.org/pdf/ucla/pasc/wjbell.pdf Those may be off due to unplanned news preemptions, but at least would account for planned sports and holiday preemptions.

There are some episodes on archive.org if you search "bold beautiful 1987" "bold beautiful 1988" etc that can be used to compare against the episode #s in the vault to get a few milestones that are known to be correct. Episodes with commercials can be cross-referenced against TV listings for the shows advertised or compared to old recaps on Usenet (after 1990). The poster who does it for ATWT puts a little note next to the dates that are confirmed and the source, which is helpful.

If you upload to the vault, then maybe everyone could colloborate with what they know, or maybe a separate thread would be better.

• Members

I think a lot of people track episodes by air date in their collections instead of episode #. I’ve always liked having both, but I agree episode # is most important.

I’m glad you guys like it! I’ll work on adding the earlier years and add it to the vault when I get home from work this afternoon. I’ll just leave out anything I don’t know for sure and anyone who can figure out the missing dates is welcome to fill in the blanks.