OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 23

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're playing the fence really well here...

A) Delphina says Marty's with someone wearing a mask. She could mean that Todd is wearing Walker's face or the imposter is pretending to be Todd.

B ) She didn't see Todd with Marty. She could mean Marty is nowhere near the real Todd or that at that moment Marty wasn't in Todd's vicinity (since he was calling Tomas).

C) They've played Todd's theme music for both Howarth and Trevor and even had Tomas's voicemail read "Todd" with Trevor.

D) Who knows how good her psychic powers are at reading souls, maybe she can only read the person's face and her signals are getting confused. Maybe when she's getting her visions, she's referring to Howarth but only because of his face and he's really not Todd.

• Members

Oddly enough, I do not find James all that annoying. I think he is harmless and not worth getting bothered by with his saccharine self. I am mostly annoyed by the writing for Starr, how she is so consumed with him with nary a mention of her child. But as others have said, they are easy fast forward material, nothing they say or do right now is particularly germane to other major plots. He and Nate may be Fords but nothing compares to the agenda driven writing for their big brother.

• Members

I think the problem with James is that he's too one dimensional too goody with the fluffy stuff. If James was flesh out Starr and James would have work. Right now what you have is two insipid teens with saccharine dialogue which result zzzzz. It has nothing to do with the actors chemistry IMO.

• Members

OLTL seems to think it is enough just to feature teens to attract that elusive younger demographic. Never mind that they bland down the characters for generic stories. Starr herself is unrecognizable from the far better developed tween she was...and her first love interest, Travis, had far more personality than either Cole or James. Write a love story featuring two well developed characters, and it will hold the interest for ALL ages.

• Members

I agree, but really these teens are so asexual. If even Matthew and Destiny are having random sex, why is it so hard for them to??

I was away (again) seeing Kylie in San Fran (woot), but just got caught up. I sorta appreciate that Ron seems to want to bring all these stories into some sort of big connected story--with I guess the Todd stuff ultimately being at the center, but it's just coming off like a weird, random mix to me... And it feels like it's gonna continue that way for quite a while still. (and please, we're at Renee's hotel, couldn't they throw us a crumb and show her?)

It's also been particularly dark lately, and I don't mean the stories, although they could be called that way I suppose, but rather just the lighting, it's been grubby to look at for a while now.

• Members

Yes it was very painful to watch for a lot of reasons. It really highlighted how Starr has become mini-Blair, following her advice to obsess over her man 24/7. It's a shame as Starr desperately needs a big break from her endless teen romances with a new fresh story. How about Starr decides on a career and becomes an intern at the Sun and runs Kelly out? Or she works at the hospital and is right in the mix with all the ICU characters. Most of all Starr needs to remember she has a DAUGHTER. RC paints too many females as lousy moms on this show. Hope, Bree and Sam are too MIA.

As for Blair and Tomas, I find them painful because RC isn't invested in them anymore than he was Blair and Eli. And I can smell Tomas' bus coming a mile away after he blackmailed Todd and continues to lie to Blair and Téa.

As for RH's intro, it's starting to remind me too of Brenda returns...

• Members

It's sad how bad this show has become in the last few weeks.

More Brotalie? Disgustingly destroying Brody for Ford and Jessica.

Jolie is just disgraceful in any way, shape or form.

The twin Manning whores with a socio and gay boy? Pass.

ANY AND ALL FORDS? NO BUT I WANT MY WASTED TIME BACK. Add Deanna to that list.

Joey and Kelly is DRAGGING but Aubrey spices it up a bit. CUTTER MUST DIE.

Marty needlessly destroyed - though Haskell kicks ass.

Cristian and who? SNORE. If you're gonna keep him, put him in a pairing someone cares about.

Rex and Gigi...who? Don't even remember when they were last on and I honestly kind of miss their little family unit.

The ONLY highlights are the two Todds (which will SUCK SO HARD if TSJ is Todd), Viki and Clint and Bo/Nora/Matthew.

Archived