OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 23

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I actually thought RH was very good in those scenes. Peculiar, strange, but good - in the way he used to be at his best, when he tried. He actually tried quite a lot in his last months at OLTL, when Malone came back, though ironically he also was rumored to have left because of Malone's return. He is not Laurence Olivier, but he is a fine actor, albeit perhaps limited, when he tries.

Speaking of Todds, I loved Marty terrorizing TSJ's with a gun and calling him "Toddy," and they did have that sick chemistry. While I wouldn't condone it, it almost makes me wonder if RC would've gone for pairing his fauxTodd with Marty had the show continued, since TSJ would technically no longer be her rapist (except he totally did rape Marty the second time). I don't think he'd have been able to resist.

• Members

"I have a daughter! Her name is Starr-rar-rar-rar-rar!" (*does booger flinging meditation fingers*)

I sure hope he's up to short paragraphs by Tuesday. This is all so silly and OTT but I'm still looking forward to learning what the real deal is here. I kind of feel like I'm watching OLTL the comic book, know what I mean? The same characters I remember from better, more *sophisticrated* times (early-mid-'90s), but now in very out there situations. And I've accepted that this is where the show lives now and forever more. Some days I really enjoy it. Some days I really do not. And I make no apologies for that. This show is equally deserving of the praise and derision, it's just that uneven.

I wonder if KDP specifically asked them not to shoot her butt. The camera would quickly cut to another shot whenever she was about to turn around.

Tomas: Are you crying?

Blair: *sniffs* It's Julia. She's on her journey.

:lol:

I guess I'm no better than a Ford or StarrJam fan or whatever as far as unpopular (?) opinions go, but I really like Dani. :blush::ph34r: I think she's cute ("Aw, I'm your bff?" I know, I know! :lol: and to Deanna, "No job yet?"). KM is funny and charismatic sort of like how SMG was at her age. I think she has the potential to be great someday with the proper training.

The Matthew drama continues to be my favorite right now and I really hope he wakes back up. I love how prominently Destiny is playing in this (hopefully not too little too late). I don't like that I smell another Greg Evans plot in terms of her ephemeral importance. But hopefully she will tie into the Deanna spoilers rather than be traded out for the new black girl and the new black s/l.

Archived