OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 23

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't much like RH--or at least haven't since around 1995, but I totally agree with you. He made what was a pretty lame scene much more interesting.

I dunno though--it seemed like RC was doing his "let's make a character suddenly psycho and write them off that way" (mind you I've kept pretty clueless of spoilers so have no idea if Marty is leaving) thing with Marty already before the cancelation.

• Members

This seemed like the only time in years OLTL has shown more female T&A than male in a scene...

I think SMG showed more potential, but she had so much more, and better material to play. (And as great as she was, I admit SMG was pretty green in some of her work).

I like Dani a lot too. When she yells itcan be a bit much, but I think the only reason the character holds any real interest is due to the actress. One of the few really talented younger actors on the show.

It's beyond lazy, writing wise, and just shows my biggest prob with RC--more than his love for newbies. How are soap fans meant to be invested when characterization turns so sharply on a dime--and without even the most pathetic McTavish-esque attempt at explaining it?

...oh... I thought there'd be more to it than that. Not that I was a big fan by any means but. :blink: and you miss it I guess. (Is she living with Sean now? Or where?? Does she visit her real dad in jail? Does she care? Has she even said anything about him in a while?)

• Members

Right, and it seemed like Rama would never take advantage of the more scatter brained qualities of Vimal to quite this extent. I think she is spoiled and avaricious but I'm with you as far as these latest character turns go.

• Members

No--and anyway with One Life I seem to find out the spoilers despite myself (I have miraculously remained truly spoiler free with AMC something i've set as my goal until the bitter end now).

The thing re Destiny is I don't particularly care about any of those questions and answers--yet, if they want us to care about Destiny--and they seem to, and I could, despite so so, but improved, acting talent she has kinda grown on me--they need to invest in this stuff. That's what daytime dramas do that primetime largely can't--answer questions like that.

• Members

Yeah, I was just wondering if you saw that LaChanze has been cast. It is assumed that her character will be involved with Deanna and/or Destiny. Speaking of Destiny, they just showed Tuesday's preview of her breaking down over Matthew like he was in the casket.

Archived