OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 23

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GOD, Starr and James are SO boring... nothing redeemable bout that at ALL. Blech!

Blair and Tomas are also boring... Blech!

I liked Tea/Todd/Brody... that was fun.

I don't really like Cutter... but I'll say it again, despite the fact I know they are pushing hard for everyone to like Ford, I actually do. And I like him with Tess! I'm sure they will be the endgame...

• Members

Uh...RHTodd also told Blair that Jack was dead because he didn't think he was the father. Also he punched Tea in the face...and then of course years later left her on an island with his pilot to reunite with Blair...But RHTodd is the original soo outside of the rape he was A-Ok.

• Members

RH Todd was also a mess, and a horrible person. If there was any difference it was that the show never sold his actions as hilarious, sexy, and romantic, as they do now. With TSJ, they rewrote history to claim that Todd punching Tea was actually fun. They have Todd laughing at, more than once, Jessica's mental illness and rape. They presented it as funny that he gang raped Marty and then raped her again (the air quotes). And so on. The show gets off on this type of thing. I wish I could say, "Well they're doing this because he's not really Todd," but the show's fawning over the other noble rapist, Ford, suggests otherwise.

If only. Todd and his shrieking enabler do whatever they want to people and get rewarded for it.

• Members

Really? How about Todd exploiting Viki's DID by pretending to have his own mess of characters including a school marm having him appear as an older woman, which was supposed to be funny. It was offensive and anything but

Brody still abused his power yesterday. Todd did no assault him and he had no right to handcuff Tea. He tried to trump up charges so he could run an illegal search and at the end of it only looked stupid and foolish bc he found nothing. Too bad Tea convinced Todd not to sue bc they should have gone after him

• Members

Tea and Viki didn't treat it as funny, and it was presented as Todd exploiting Viki. The show now presents that type of behavior as perfectly fine. That's the main difference. Back then, Tea was devastated at Todd beating her. Now, Tea looks back and laughs at Todd beating her.

I guess he could have punched her.

When they both do whatever they want to people and make sure they face no consequences, then they give other people the message that it's fine to do the same thing.

• Members

John does this type of thing all the time and the show says it's fine.

Tea is an officer of the law and she has no problem when Todd goes on rampages. I don't really see why she gets a pass but Brody doesn't.

Howarth's mugging was supposed to be entertaining, but the story was of Todd saying his abuse had made him split and then we see how this affects Tea and Viki, and their anger at the truth. Anger that helped lead Todd off the show for a few years. The stupid stuff like the glass coffin was treated seriously and a lot of focus went on Tea's pain.

Now when Todd hurts people we're expected to laugh. I hated the writing for Todd then but I never felt like they wanted us to laugh at Todd leading a gang rape or raping a mentally ill woman. That is what today's OLTL expects.

• Members
Well I dont and I call John out for this BS type of stuff all the time; Bo too. They are cops and shouldnt be abusing their power like that.

What pass is Tea getting? What illegal activities does Tea herself engage in? Does she defend Todd? Yes but that is her JOB. Its not illegal for a lawyer to look out for the best interest of their client. And Tea has no problem with Todd's rampages? Are you serious? She always tries to talk him down and stop him. She did that in that episode to prevent him from escalating things with Brody and apologized profusely for Todd's behavior, going so far as to expression compassion and understanding for Brody's blatant abuse of power here. Several weeks back when Todd was going crazy and ready to beat up Nate over Dani, Tea is the one that stepped in to stop him and put hsi raging under control. She is constantly stepping in to fix his messes and doesnt just stand there silently when he's on a rampage. She is not perfectly fine with that and makes sure he knows it. As a an officer of the law (not to mention his wife), she does her best to calm him down and prevent him from getting in even more trouble when he acts out of hand. You cant say she doesnt do that bc she does, all the time on this show. She's not like Blair who actually encouraged that type of behavior and acted like a partner in crime, sometimes being even worse than he was.

Fair enough but I bet if TSJ was constantly leaving the role like RH did back then, they'd be using his heinous actions to write him off the show as well, instead of finding ways to get him out of it and shrug it off

Archived