American Idol

Toups

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The girls didn't bring it tonight. Kinda boring and bland overall.

Katharine - Vocally, she's strong. Kinda bland. She's safe though.

Paris - Vocally, again, very, very good. Boring performance. She's safe.

Kinnik - Eh. She was better last week. I think she's vulnerable to being booted.

Ayla - Did well vocally, but again, just didn't BRING IT.

Heather - ONCE AGAIN, vocally it was good, but she just really LACKED emotion. She's probably gone.

Melissa - I like her, but again, she's overshadowed.

Brenna - Bad, but I honestly think she will be safe again.

Kellie - Did VERY good. Much better than last week. She's SO adorable.

Mandisa - She did very good again. She CAN own it but needs to stop yelling. It was a little pitchy but still very good.

Lisa - She did so good. I really enjoyed her but she played it a bit safe.

GOING HOME?

Kinnik and Heather. (although either Brenna and/or Melissa going wouldn't surprise me either)

• Members

The girls weren't bringing it at all tonight. I agreed with the judges on every single performance.

Kellie got a great review, which I'm pretty glad about. PICK PICKELER!

Mandisa's my girl! She continues to rock the stage that is way big enough for her ;)

I was disappointed in Paris's performance. I think she could have chose a better more hip song that she would blow the top off with.

I liked Lisa's performance. I thought she did great.

I'm glad that the judges gave Ayla her props. She is an amazing singer.

Who deserves to go home?

Heather - she should have went home last week instead of Becky. Heather is not a good vocalist at all and I cannot believe that she ever made it into the final 24. She better go this week.

Kinnik - another girl that should have went home instead of Becky.

• Members

Katherine-Bad song choice. Showed me that she thought she could sing anything and get away with it. She sang it ok but it was very dull. She is probably safe though but you never know.

Kinnik-Good effort but it just didn't work for me. She really did come off as a fraud country performer. It just wasn't her element. She is very vulnerable Thursday.

Lisa-Sang it really well but it was bland and sleep inducing. She will be safe though.

Melissa-Surprised me and I thought she was great. She reminds me alot of Jessica Sierra from last year. She is performing well but for some reason the audience never attaches to her. It would not surprise me if she goes, much like Patrick last week, even though it would be wrong given her performance.

Paris-Cute as button and sang really well but again it was like ballad night. I just hate when most of the singers pick the same types of songs because it drowns out good performances of songs like this. She shouldn't be going anywhere though.

Heather-Some of it was good but she botched up the end to one of my favorite songs ever. There was no emotion and she came off as a little conceited during the judges comments with er facial expressions and such. I think she will be gone definitely.

Brenna-Horrible. She totally trashed the song and her attitude is annoying. I hate the judges for telling her to go back to that last week but then again she was bad last week too. Its her time to go and if she somehow sticks around its for entertainment purposes only.

Ayla-Excellent. She sang that song beautilfully and I love this girl's work ethic and attitude. She should be a lock for the top 12 and she has become one of my faves. Best performance of the night and one of the two that picked the right song.

Kellie-Same as Ayla only not as good. I just love this girl's personality. You can't help but love her. She is so easily amazed and just seems like a genuinely nice person. Its easy to root for her and tonight she picked a good song in which her voice sounded alot like the original singer of the song. She was just so great and she seems like the girl you would have next door.

Mandisa-All over the place but I still like her. Overall it wasn't bad but the song was not right for her and sometimes she was shouting. She isn't going anywhere though.

I agreed with the judges tonight-other then Ayla and Kellie no one was impressive or interesting. It was all so bland with the exceptions of the two I mentioned. The guys didn't impress me last Wednesday while the girls did last Tuesday so maybe they will switch this week since the girls were overall boring tonight, at least I hope so.

• Members

I have to admit i didn't really like kelly at the beginning but she is growing on me. She might not be the best in my opinion but she deserves to be in the final 6 girls.

Heather was bad tonight and should go home. I also think Brenna should go, but I think she will ge the votes to stay so Kinnik will probably go.

• Members

Ayla and Mandisa were my top two tonight.

STEP IT UP, GIRLS! ENOUGH OF THIS SLOW CRAP!!!! ENOUGH OF THE BALLADS!!!

Paris was good too. I think she will go the furthest of the girls. Paris or Lisa.

Heather was the most improved over last week.

Kelly's "I'm a country bumpkin I never heard of Calimari, people who dress their dogs, and spinach salad" act is old. You're from the south. You're not from the 1700's. Get over it. The act is OLD.

• Members

I liked Paris and Ayla performances the best tonite. Lisa was close behind. I'd give Mandisa forth place.

Brenna by far was the worse and should have been gone last week (but better she leaves this week, than next week). Kinnik messed up with the song choice. Honestly if Brenna sang good, I'd be all for her staying even with the attitude, but she doesn't sing good.

• Members

LMAO at the "country bumpkin" part. I saw this and I thought it was funny in a sorta "dumb blonde" kinda way. Like something Jessica Simpson would say. I still thought it was cute and that she was also genuine, like KryptonMan101 said. It's the silly stuff like this that wins me over in women, even if it was like totally OLD.

• Members

Last Week. Best girls were IMHO Mandissa, Paris Bennett, Lisa Tucker, Kinnik Sky & Katharine McPhee. I voted for Mandissa (Lover her version of Heart's "Never") and Sky (don't understand what Simon is smoking), loved her singing "Get Here". The worst girls IMHO were Stevie Scott & Brenna Gethers (I hate Brenna, she is such a damned !@#$%^&*], why was she even put in the top 24, there were at least 3 others who were much better than her). Sorry to see Becky O'Donohue go, liked her, Brenna should've been axed instead.

As for as the guys last week, my top 3 were Ace Young, Elliott Yamin & Chris Daughtry ( I voted for all 3, voted mostly for Chris, then Elliott). Also liked Taylor Hicks, David Radford & sorta Kevin Covais (who reminds me of a weird mix of Eminem & Frankie Muniz, lmao).

Glad that Bobby Bennett was voted off (why was he even put in the top 12 guys?) Not surprised Patrick was axed too, he picked the totally wrong song. But Sway Penala should've been voted off instead, he was HORRIBLE.

Tonight my girl Mandessa did it again with a wonderful version of Faith Hill's "Fly", agree with Simon that her outfit and hair was wrong (making her appear a lot older), and also loved Paris Bennett. Voted for both.

Also liked Lisa Tucker again, and was shocked by Melissa McGhee, who I could barely tolerate last week, her version of Reba's song was surprisingly good. Ayla Brown was also good (surprised me again).

Katharine McPhee shocked me, she wasn't very good tonight. Also Kinnik Sky, whom I loved last week, screwed up and probably has cut her chance of going further.

Brenna was deservedly told by Simon that her version of Donna Summer's "Last Dance" should've been called "Last Chance'. That !@#$%^&*] sucked and hopefully will be gone Thursday. My picks to go home-------Brenna Gethers and either Heather Cox or the highly over-rated Kellie Pickler. I want Kinnik Sky to get 1 more week to show her talent.

Archived