OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Members

Minus the Jessica stuff, todays episode was really good. Just makes me even sadder the show is ending but I love that Cutter just dropped the bomb like that with no build up at all lol, Aubrey is about to be exposed.

The Marty and Kelly stuff was pure gold.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This may be purely wishful thinking on my part because the thought of Ford being Ryder's dad is nauseating, but does anyone think Marty changed both test results? I know she's friends with Jess, but maybe Jess was just collateral damage.

+1

• Members

Ha. The second the John/Kelly stuff got the old typical McBain treatment, people are already flinging him back at Natalie. Can't take the heat, I guess. It is a riot to watch when people think John will be different for a certain woman. Nope. The show is going to do the same crap they've always done. The woman is degraded after a brief 'honeymoon' period where John is all shy and sexy. It's formulaic at this point. Kelly and Marty making idiots of themselves over John while he stands around with his hands on his hips is what all his women have done. Natalie has just had to deal with him a lot longer than the others. I'd love to see any of these so-called special women stick it out with John as long as Natalie has had to.. John, the real John, is not a job for the faint of heart. That's why Natalie is stuck with him. And that's why the others seemingly get the goid side of John. Because it never moves forward. They or John bail before it gets down to the nitty gritty. Kelly and John are all sex and no strings and no baggage. Of course it's easier to watch. Trust that it never stays that way with John. Good luck, Kelly fans. You're going to need it if Kelly and John continue.

• Members

Brody was trying to push/suck Jessica out by grabbing Tess and forcing kisses on her. Tess was having none of that and bingo the male personality to put up an emotional front to Jess' soft and pink feelings. See, it seemed like more of a manipulative Tess thing but I guess this signifies that Jessica is STILL not ready to face Brody hence the literal cock block.

• Members

She sure as hell is. No one can ever say that this woman does not commit. This doesn't cast Marty in the best light but she is entertaining as all hell and it looks like SH is having a ball.

• Members

That's one thing I really respect about Susan Haskell, she is not afraid to just GO ALL OUT. No matter how over the top, I always believe Marty's actions and motivations. I don't find myself thinking, oh wow Susan needs to turn it down or any of the things I normally find myself thinking with the campy cast of actors One Life employs.

• Members

Yup, because she's not "watching herself" as she acts, she's not judging it and measuring it out with winks and smirks to the audience that she's "in on the joke" so to speak. It's just fun balls to the wall fearless acting.

• Members

Oh, that annoyed the [!@#$%^&*] out of me, too! "Well, here we go, Liam, let's hear what the crazy lady has to -- no, wait, I think I need to set this down again, or else there'll be no 'hook' at the end of this act!" UGH.

Just like what ONE LIFE TO LIVE used to do. Even during the sainted Paul Rauch era.

Archived