OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Members

I actually watched those scenes because there was a lot of talk about how good they were on the boards. While two women (played by Emmy winners at that) fighting over John makes me gag, I thought Haskell and Tognoni played off each other very well and made those scenes extremely entertaining. I really appreciate that Haskell seems to have no reservations at all about going there (OTT crazy), even if the story is absurd.

ROTFLMAO! That was so golden!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ditto. I only watched because of all the talk. The premise is nauseating. Two women fighting in McBain's flophouse SRO over who's going to cook him dinner. (Newsflash: that dump has no kitchen!) Is this really what soaps have come to in a post-Buffy world? #whysoapsaredead

SH took that [!@#$%^&*] to the wall! And Gina played it like she was in a Wes Craven horror movie. It was cool. But yeah, when it was over I just felt sad for the waste of talent on such pitiful material especially knowing that they fired SH. Fired. Her. They should look at the buzz this woman is generating for this show because of those scenes then punch themselves in the junk for their stupidity.

• Members

The acting was good, sure, but by bad camp I mostly meant the premise and the writing. It's a way to pass off the recycled premise - women are worthless, women only exist to serve John, women are stupid and out of control - as crazy wild fun. That was OLTL's biggest problem - taking offensive concepts and assuming they are less offensive because they are treated like a joke.

• Members

Marty: "I can't hold on much longer. You have to help me."

Natalie: "Do I?"

Me: "If someone is around to hear this exchange, you better."

And which former member of 2 Live Crew did Jess base "Wes" on?

• Members

This is ridiculous. If Natalie allows "Mad Martha" to fall to her death, it'll be so wrong. I mean, even Ed Bauer tried to help Roger Thorpe back to safety, and that man was way more dangerous than Miss Insanebrooke.

• Members

Everyone breaks their necks when they hear Dorian on the phone yet no one bats a lash when a chick in a skully is hitting on two girls sippin drinks.

Wes is beyond ridiculous and yet I could see how a 6th grader getting into their first soap could be so tickled by this.

• Members

Here's the thing: both BW and ES have played characters w/ male alter-egos; and yet, ES was more convincing as "Tommy" and even "Victor" than BW is as "Wes," who is just "Tess" in ghetto couture. That, my friends, is the difference between skillful acting and...what BW is doing.

Archived