OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Members

That wouldn't have been soapy fun. Todd used air quotes for rape, so he's fun, and John strings women along while pouting, so he's a hero.

The KAD killer stabbed Blair several times in the shower to get to John or Todd or something.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Marty should dissappear now. The should could kill her off to write SH out but bring her back having only faked her death. Marty returns later in the summer and goes on her serial killing spree that I suggested and she can also do what Deedee suggested, trying to ruin Todd annd torture John. With everyone think she's dead, they would never suspect her of tormenting and putting all of Llanview on edge. If she's gonna go out, Id rather she go out with a big bang

• Members

For Clint, redemption is a little thing known as heart-disease. Reminds me of how the show redeems Todd for his actions.

I think it was stupid for Natalie to verbally acknowledge that she was searching for the tape, once she had pulled Marty off the ledge. Natalie should have quietly searched for the tape, pocketed it, and left with her newborn baby.

• Members

Instead of a faux death for Marty she should run away to Europe & return around Christmas rehabilitated.

Have her apologize to John/Nat & Kelly while plotting to ruin Todd with Tomas (since Thorsten isn't returning & Blair will be with Roger's Todd).

Throw in Cole being released early from prison & Marty is somewhat happy, still a little crazy but also still viable.

The saddest thing is that nobody (Viki, Jess, Nora) is even aware of or around to help her issues.

• Members

Marty returns around Christmas but the show is over in January. Not enough time :(

as for the second part, with the way the writing is, I dont think any of them would care. All 3 shrugged it off the first time she went to St. Anne's. I dont recall anyone visiting her or expressing any concern for her ordeal.

• Members

Not Howarth. There's no way they got rid of Our Lady of the Perpetual Rape just to bring back Sir RapesaLot. I think that was just bad timing. There's no way the show would've purposely torpedoed the chance to re-victimize Marty. Plus I don't think RH is getting that much money. If the show was still alive, yes but he knew the show was canceled and this is just a temp job for him so he can collect a little extra cash.

I guess a better question is: who benefits from Haskell's exit? Definitely not RH.

• Members

I kind of feel like they may not want people to remember what Todd did to Marty. That would detract from this story they seem to think is cool or fun, about how RH's return will affect Todd and his harem.

• Members

But if she leaves in the next month or two (with help from a sympathetic Tomas) & returns around Christmas she has enough time to get a holiday miracle (Cole released), make peace with Nat/John/Kelly & plot to ruin Todd in time for the end of the show.

It doesn't have to be a long rehab arc just one that doesn't let her end up becoming a random soap psycho.

Touche. :(

Exactly.

He's totally gonna be used to "rehab" Todd.

Archived