OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 9

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Currently watching the show and I'm confused, how exactly is Wes different than Tess? Both are overly horny but Tess dresses like a slut and Wes wears a hat and says "bro." That's all the effort Bree and OLTL are going to put into this alter really?

Whooo, that Marty must be taking steroids considering how long she's been hanging on the side of that ledge (then again she did lift a car off of Cole :lol: )

• Members

I just finished watching 20mins ago. I refuse to comment on Wes.

Those Clint and Viki scenes were just great...You would think the original romance and story had played out with Jerry in the role...Just great stuff from both ES and JVD

Marty marty marty....loved it...SH is probably my favorite actress to watch on this show. Sucks that McFrownyface gets to rescue two women in one day....

• Members

I +hink abou+ how we read synopses of long gone soaps and +he +hings we glean from wha+ has been wri++en abou+ +hem and I canno+ help bu+ wonder how +he las+ days of OL+L will go down in +he his+ory books... from +he show-ea+ing Fords +o +he ridiculousness of Jess & Co. (who any person wi+h a mind will see as a piss poor damn near insul+ing ripoff of a dynamic s+ory). I+ is kind of mind-blowing +o +hink +ha+ in +he no+ +oo dis+an+ fu+ure +here will be a defini+ive soap encyclopedia +ha+ will never require an upda+e. Wow.

• Members

LOL I leave for a week and your *t* still doesn't work?? :P

Well to be fair a lot of soaps went out in a WTF--at least for their time. Doctors with the youth serum etc, which now wouldn't seem all that strange, Capitol turning from a poli soap to one with mythical princes and kingdoms, and recently PC with the supernatural gone amuck. That said...

Like I said in the AMC thread, I've had to be out of town dealing with some family [!@#$%^&*] and came back and had a marathon day of soaps. I admit there's been a lot I did enjoy on OLTL--at least acting wise. Clint's redemption is heavy handed and obvious to be sure, but I kinda like how at least this week they've given us some stuff witht he vets--even if it's not been brilliant--to off put the zaniness.

Of which... I dunno. A part of me enjoys psycho Marty, but really, does Ron C have to make ALL of his characters go out of character-psycho when they're leaving? Does the show always have to have one psycho on the canvas and when one leaves or is reformed another fills their slot? And why does Marty do a Mary Katherine Gallagher cheer whenever she does anything evil now??? (I wont' bother asking why a woman sho survived abandonment by her parents, a brutal gang rape, the love of her life being killed, her son's trauma, the "rapemance", etc, yet became a brilliant shrink is snapping now over a man, JOHN no less--and why someone so clearly unhinged was ever let out of St Anne's--I'd buy it if she was such a shrewd shrink that she used her skills to fool people, but she clearly isn't and hasn't...)

*waits for the latest Daytime Confidential blogcast about how brilliant the show is right now*

• Members

I don't remember Marty Katherine Gallagher acting like this at ALL in her early days. I dunno.

I don't really think soaps have a moral responsibility, though I like it if they have some sense of one for the most part, but I think it's a pretty [!@#$%^&*] message to send out that someone repeatedly victimized yet able to overcome that, completely goes unhinged and is carted off after trying to kill a few people over a man.

• Members

Marty was a troubled young woman who suffered from lupus and abandonement issues. Her parents didn't give her anything but a trust fund and when Rev. Carpenter was kind toward her, she mistook that for something more. WAY different than the cray cray Marty of today. I love watching SH but am pissed at the same time about how OLTL pissed all over the character just to reunite Jolie. Marty Saybrooke will be remembered as one of OLTL's best characters for years to come; John McBain and Natalie Banks, I'm thinking not so much.

Archived